Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Mech- Hagetaka

Re: Mech- Hagetaka

As I understand it, forward kinematics is absolutely doable. In fact, I believe Tyb. was doing exactly that the other night. It's tedious though because they need to be powered down to position them, and like any servo, that leads to a collapse.
    I Void Warranties´┐Ż

2. Re: Mech- Hagetaka

Yes - that is how I do my own pose sequencing. You have to set the torque enable flag to zero (control table location 24) to be able to move them by hand, and then set it back to one to allow controlled movement.
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay, inventor of Smalltalk

Can you set that flag per-joint? That sounds like it would prevent the support issues that I was under the impression Tyb. was experiencing?
    I Void Warranties´┐Ż

Images

Since it involves writing to a register, I'd say yes?

Still doesn't solve the issues of dynamic stability though, but it does seem damn handy.. i think i'll implement this on my hex as well, after i get a mech walking that is

Is there a smooth transition between two "snapshots" or is it just a move of every servo at their given speed?

5. Re: Mech- Hagetaka

If you are writing your own software to do pose sequencing (as I did), then yes, you can set the flag per servo. I have a checkbox on my GUI that allows me to "freewheel" all the servos on one leg, so I can manipulate them, while keeping the rest of the body rigid.

I don't really know how the Robotis software works, since I have never used it...
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay, inventor of Smalltalk

RoboNova SW works the same way.

You turn servos on/off w/a checkbox, position as you desire, and turn back on to capture position. This works well, but still isn't a GUI with physics, which would work better.

In the end, being lucky enough to own all major brands of humanoids - they all have their plusses and minuses. It's like looking for a date - depends on what you consider important as to which bot to buy... Owning the KHR1, Pirkus, RoboNova, RoboPhilo, BioLoid, and Futaba, I'd say they all have strength and weaknesses. I consider the RobONova to be the best overall value for the dollar, but YMMV.

Images

You can turn individual servos on/off, multiple servos on/off (one by one), and all servos on/off (all at once).

All on/off is easy to do, but then your bot basically collapses. You can turn individual servos on/off, but its a 3 click process to turn each one off, and another 2 clicks to turn them back on. That may not seem like a lot, but it really gets tedious after awhile.

There is no function to create groups (ie: left leg servo) and turn those on/off, which would make developing walking gaits much easier. Overall I can't see the stock software being of any use for me for the Mech Wars contest, it is a nice learning tool though and you could use it to develop your gaits to use in later programs (given you find a way to export, aside from screenshotting and manually importing)

8. Re: Mech- Hagetaka

Quote Originally Posted by JonHylands View Post
    If you are writing your own software to do pose sequencing (as I did), then yes, you can set the flag per servo. I have a checkbox on my GUI that allows me to "freewheel" all the servos on one leg, so I can manipulate them, while keeping the rest of the body rigid.

I don't really know how the Robotis software works, since I have never used it...
    Is this your own custom gui? I would be intrested in one like you are talking about that works with robotis hardware

Quote Originally Posted by dcalkins View Post
    I consider the RobONova to be the best overall value for the dollar, but YMMV.
    I'm surprised to hear that... the Bioloid costs less and has a much better servo spec.

10. Re: Mech- Hagetaka

Quote Originally Posted by trey3670 View Post
    Is this your own custom gui? I would be intrested in one like you are talking about that works with robotis hardware
    Yes, this is one I've written.

You can see some screenshots of it here:

http://www.bioloid.info/tiki/tiki-in...or+Screenshots

There is also a small movie of it here, showing a couple of its features:

http://www.bioloid.info/tiki/tiki-do....php?fileId=73

In general, if we want to talk about MicroRaptor or its GUI, we should probably move over to my thread...

- Jon

Thread Information