Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A big "Thank You!"

A big "Thank You!"

I'd like to send out a big "Thanks!" to all the "old-timers", but most especially Alex, for building such an outstanding playground for us geeks and nerds. Building a community like this is a labor of love more than anything. They start soooo sloooow it looks like they'll never take off.

Even more than numbers is the quality of the community. The talent, creativity, experience, and overall intelligence around here is outstanding. I'm constantly awed.

So "THANKS!", Alex! Nice job!

[And with this post, consider the baton of "most verbose and prolific" officially passed... ]
    Last edited by Adrenalynn; 07-09-2008 at 08:34 PM. Reason: [added screen-cap]
    I Void Warranties�

Images

Re: A big "Thank You!"

Congratz Jodie, can't say we didn't see that coming

Images

Yay! seriously though, nice forums here. I've learned so much, and I've barely touched the tip of the ice burg..
    This ain't nothing but a summer jam
    Brown skin and cinnamon tans, whoa!
    This ain't nothing but a summer jam
    We're gonna party as much as we can
    Hey-yeah, ooh, hey-yeah
    Summer jam alright
    Hey-yeah, ooh, hey-yeah

Images

Thanks Jodie BUT, I should be the one thanking all of you!

This community wouldn't even exist without all of you TRC members. The TRC has been such an incredible experience for me. Sure, it was a ton of work getting all the "toys and tools" setup, but look at this place?!? Yesterday there was something like 28 logged in members around like 1pm CST. I'm guessing there's an average of around 40-50 posts/day (probably way underestimated there), and all are of great quality and no trolls. Simply put, you guy & gals rock!

The TRC members have taught me so much these last several months and I look forward to everything I'll be learning from all of you for years to come.

BTW Jodie, congrats on taking the torch! Oh wait... I just stole it from ya I'm sure you'll get it back tomorrow. I'm hoping tomorrow I'll actually have a chance to go through my like 230 unread forum posts (and that's not including the Mech Wars forum).

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Images

Yeah, Great site Alex, I am enjoying every minute of it and every body's input.
    People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

Images

One more "thanks" from half way around the world.
    I finally found a robotics forum that's perfectly in-line with my interests.

Images

Congrats for the forum! It's a great place!

Images

The people hanging out here deserve all the thanks IMHO. Until the crowd finally showed up and started filling this place with killer content it was just us TR dorks sitting in a big empty clubhouse going, "Hello-o-o-o-o-o? Does anyone wanna play with us-us-us-us? Robots are cool-ool-ool-ool. Sniff."

Personally, I say this party is just getting started. Wait until there is an open source ROM propagating the globe and 10 times the hardware to choose from. *big evil grin*

Images

ya thanks for opening up the community, you guys help all the time with my bioloid. o and by the way ya i finialy got my id's set! haha sorry for calling you and bothering you guys

Images

It's rather amazing how the message volume has been increasing. I only joined recently and yet I look back on the days when there might have been fewer than 10 new messages some mornings. There will come a point when the time I'll need to spend reading all the new messages will exceed the time I can justify for it. At the rate things are going that will be soon, which is both brilliant and wrenching. I'll have to start focusing on specific topics and missing the wacky cool stuff that lurks everywhere.

Edit, to clarify: Yes, a big thank you to the Trossen staff for this great forum! Not complaining, I just always sound that way for some reason...

Thread Information