Trossen Hexapod  Top Banner

Thread: Disney marks entry into robotic toy market with new line of programmable toy robots (WallE!)

Images

Disney marks entry into robotic toy market with new line of programmable toy robots (WallE!)

http://makerfaire.com/press/bayarea/2008/disney/
    Disney Consumer Products Collaborates With Pixar, Thinkway Toys And WowWee To Develop Robotic Toys That Talk, Dance, Fly, Respond To Commands, Feature Motion Tracking And More

Sweet!
    This ain't nothing but a summer jam
    Brown skin and cinnamon tans, whoa!
    We're gonna party as much as we can
    Hey-yeah, ooh, hey-yeah
    Summer jam alright
    Hey-yeah, ooh, hey-yeah

Re: Disney marks entry into robotic toy market with new line of programmable toy robots (WallE!)

oh oh oh oh it is the Ultimate WALL-E for me...!

An impressive set of features for the price, if that price holds to market.

I can't wait to see it!

BIGBUG

Images

Re: Disney marks entry into robotic toy market with new line of programmable toy robots (WallE!)

Yep, It does all of what's stated, Even my Wall-E will be impressive, GWJax is programing it for me.

My Scratch built Wall-E

Wall-E With Eyes lit up
    People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

4. Trossen Accelerometer Gyro Thread Banner
  5. Question Re: Disney marks entry into robotic toy market with new line of programmable toy robots (WallE!)

Does anyone know if the Ultimate Wall-E is controlled by a "standard" consumer infrared remote control? Also, does "voice activation" mean speech reco ability or simply that it reacts to the sound of a human voice without recognizing words, like the i-Dance Wall-E robot does.

6. Re: Disney marks entry into robotic toy market with new line of programmable toy robots (WallE!)

Quote Originally Posted by roschler View Post
    Does anyone know if the Ultimate Wall-E is controlled by a "standard" consumer infrared remote control? Also, does "voice activation" mean speech reco ability or simply that it reacts to the sound of a human voice without recognizing words, like the i-Dance Wall-E robot does.
    My wife has....well had until the dog got a hold of it... A Stitch doll from Lilo and stich that was able to respond in a semi intelligent manner to human speech (Hello, goodbye, go to sleep, be good, stop being bad) things like that, it was pretty impressive.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ineedacatscan View Post
    My wife has....well had until the dog got a hold of it... A Stitch doll from Lilo and stich that was able to respond in a semi intelligent manner to human speech (Hello, goodbye, go to sleep, be good, stop being bad) things like that, it was pretty impressive.
    Stitch! No way! I'll have to look for that. I have an Elvis bobble Stitch on my desk. He gyrates as I type.

Images

I made a Stitch two years ago or so for my ex-gf's birthday.
    Actually it wasn't that hard, the proportions and expressions are quite easy to capture.

Mold it, cast it in silicone rubber, put a little skeleton underneath, voila, robotic stitch

(sorry for the crappy cellphone pics)
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve life, press three" - Alice Kahn

Resistance is futile! (if < 1)

Images

Creepy! lol
    Brown skin and cinnamon tans, whoa!
    We're gonna party as much as we can
    Hey-yeah, ooh, hey-yeah
    Summer jam alright
    Hey-yeah, ooh, hey-yeah

Thread Information