Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on laptop purchase for my 2HV...

Question on laptop purchase for my 2HV...

ok I am currently running a Dell Inspiron 5100 to program my bot, in XP of course, and I am seriously considering a better alternative, not only more portable, but newer and faster laptop... I have been looking at the ASUS EEE 4G XP version mini laptops, and it looks like the way to go for what I am wanting to do with it... this will be for use EXCLUSIVELY for my 2HV... and is a steal at $350... what do you all think??? I was hoping someone here had some thoughts or feedback...
    thanks!!!
    Last edited by rpedro; 07-22-2008 at 08:43 PM.

Re: Question on laptop purchase for my 2HV...

I have a 4 and an 8. If that's its exclusive purpose it might not be that bad. I wouldn't suggest programming on it all the time - headache city with that tiny screen
    I Void Warranties�

that was my only concern, I have a 15 inch screen on the Dell, and I know the ASUS is 7 inches... that's HALF... just wondering if I should even bother... maybe I should just stick with the Dell... maybe take it apart, and spray it up really, make it look new, slap some Trossen/Kondo stickers on it and call it a day!!!

Why not clean up the dell?

I use my triple-e's for quick one day travel where I only need a few notes, or for on-bot controllers.
    I Void Warranties�

I am considering it... I will have to figure out what I want to do...I just can't decide...

Buy.com [whom I despise beyond mention] had a crazy good deal on a duo-core the other day...
    I Void Warranties�

yeah I have been looking around... I just can't beat the $350!!! plus it has to come with XP... all the new stuff I have been looking at minus this ASUS has VISTA... no dice...

still leaning on picking up the ASUS... would be a perfect pairing for my 2hv...
    Last edited by Adrenalynn; 07-29-2008 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Cleanup.

8. Re: Question on laptop purchase for my 2HV...

Dell is suppose to be coming out with there own mini laptop next month and a 12" version as well. You might want to wait

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/15/e...-dell-e-launc/

9. Re: Question on laptop purchase for my 2HV...

Quote Originally Posted by TechMech View Post
    Dell is suppose to be coming out with there own mini laptop next month and a 12" version as well. You might want to wait

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/15/e...-dell-e-launc/
    i like the looks of that Dell and will probably get one when they decide to sell them in the UK,
    thing that stopped me with the EEE is that Asus has rubbish support you get in UK/Scandinavia where i reside. I in general is allot better for that sort of thing!

Good find

J

thanks for the heads up on the dell... I am seriously considering it... I need to have xp for heart 2 heart

still looking and thinking about it... will keep you all posted...

I am also looking at the cloudbooks, and the Fujitsu Lifebooks... any thoughts???
    Last edited by Adrenalynn; 07-29-2008 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Works better as one post than three.

Thread Information