Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knuckle Walker?

1. Re: Knuckle Walker?

Hmm...I'll look into the kits from Lynxmotion, they look like they could be promising.

Images

Re: Knuckle Walker?

rudukai13: These SES parts are great to use I have quite a number of different parts and you can just about anything you want if you are so inclined.
    People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

3. Re: Knuckle Walker?

What's the programming like? Is it like lines of code or is there a digital representation of the robot?

Images

I think we should start a list of robot kits and parts that we think will work well for mechwars. So far I have seen a few bioloid kits, and a robonova. I have also read posts of people talking about using the lynxmotion robo erector set.

I know its a competition, but it seams like it would be a shame for someone to go down a road that just wouldn't end up working in the end. Besides...I need some ideas.

DB

Images

I actually started one on the Mech Wars site, just need to add more to it.

6. Re: Knuckle Walker?

I was thinking that I could just take a kit and swap the arms and the legs-that would put the right distances between things and put the right DOF on the supporting limbs. After that it's a simply matter of reprogramming the robot to use the right servos for the right actions...Or am I way off?

Images

I would say it would depend on the kit. You may also run into some balancing issues. Also, I'm not sure that arms and legs are interchangeable in that way...

DB

8. Re: Knuckle Walker?

If all the servos on the bots are the same size I don't see any reason why it couldn't work...If there is a really nice person out there with a Biped who would be willing to try to switch the arms and legs-just to see if it would work-that would be really awesome of that really nice person!

Thread Information