Thread: TR Community Contests Master List

Exclamation TR Community Contests Master List

This is the Master List for contests and group projects that are ongoing in the Trossen Robotics Community Forums.

If you have a contest or group project, please bring it to the attention of Alex, Tyberius, or Adrenalynn.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Current Competitions
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

• Biped Video Challenge by Atom - A biped performance challenge, held bimonthly, to motivate community improvement in bipeds and gaits. Enter by video.

• Group Project : The TRAMP by Ooops and the TRC Community - The TRAMP - Trossen Robotics Autonomous Multi-User Platform. Designed and built by the Trossen Robotics Community - it will be mailed from one user to the next and will autonomously map its surroudings and upload its findings to the Internet for public viewing. The project is still in its early design phases, and input is welcome! TRAMPbot.org

• Mech Wars by Tyberius - a real-life robotic combat competition that mirrors the scenarios found in Sci-Fi universes such as Battletech, Warhammer 40k and Armored Core. Mech-Warfare.com

• Trossen Robotics Contest - Ongoing regular contest cycle. April-July winners have been announced, next round to be announced soon!
      Fabulous Prizes! Please check the link for updates.
      Sponsored and judged by Trossen Robotics

• Guess the Robot Movie/TV Competition by 4mem8 - 4mem8 is building a robot and participants have to guess what the name is, what the movie/TV title is and the year it was produced. The winner will receive an electronic package from 4mem8.

Past Contest Winners

Last edited by Alex; 10-10-2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: [Added Crabfu Challenge]
    I Void Warranties�

Images

Re: TR Community Contests Master List

I'd also love to put an image(s) in the left column advertising the contests too, so if anyone can come up with some kickn' graphics that will fit well with the theme of the TRC, email them over to me!

Image width must be between 175px and 183px.

We're not too particular on the height. Just be respectful of the real estate it takes up. I'd say if you're creating an image for only one of the contests, nothing over 200px high. If you're creating a combo-style image, feel free to go a bit larger.

PM or email me with any questions!

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

*Bump!* Added Crabfu Challenge
    *Bump!* Added Mech Wars
    *Bump!* Preliminary update of Group Project : The TRAMP
    I Void Warranties�

Images

Just wanted to let everyone know that I stuck all the contest threads that Adrenalynn listed above

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Thread Information