Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddie's Modded J5

robot maker Guest

Freddie's Modded J5

another way to cut plastics like lexan,it make your owncutting machine and chiller
    i was repaing awhile back about 20 years ago a chiller i had to fix for a company i use to work for
    all the do is cut plastics
    eay way to make one is to get stainless steel tank fill it with water and hook near the bottom a cheap 12 volt refrigerator and put a plate with a slot on top,something like a wetsaw and use a jigsaw ss blade is the best but,after you are done just clean and oil the blade
    i have the parts at home,just havent had time to put it together
    but when i start on a modifed johnny five robot,be using some of 4mem8 and tyberius ideas
    just like jwjax said the one mmakes a very good J5 and another makes great changes like 4mem8 has done
    then another makes alot more changes and adding AI like i am working on
    servo's i have found take up to much power and less torque,making your own it better and save save you big bucks,also noticed that motors on track system not very strong and no feedback

i will be starting on the base design in about 1 to 2 weeks,will post photos of my track system complete with feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalynn View Post
    Can I inquire as to blade and speed choices you've found best for cutting that thin Lexan on the bandsaw?

[EDIT: Moderator's Note: Much of this thread was moved from http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?t=1802 . That one is 4mem8's, robot maker's planned build was starting to take-over 4mem8's build thread, so I have split it off. If anything reads confusing, check the thread linked above. -A]
    Last edited by Adrenalynn; 08-07-2008 at 08:38 PM.

Images

Re: Lynxmotion J5 Modded version

I look on with interest as to what motors you use for your J5 and what you use for brains, ITX ect.
    People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

robot maker Guest

Another J5

yes will post photos on my mods as i go,getting ready to order lexan and most likely will start next week
    4mem8
    i found a good motor from banebots that will work part #mp-28025-385 shaft size is the same 600 rpm and stall torque is double 238 of 50-1 you are using shaft is long but can be cut
    on more torque if i need it can add a 3-1 to give me 200 rpm at 714 stall torque
    i guess you know that stall torque is not power it puts out,need to look at the graph of the motor
    and best efficiency of the motor ,plus kt and times each gear ratio, and times 2 for both tracks
    i am thinking a good total payload is 25 lbs maybe 15 lbs for robot and 10 lbs for carrying items like beer,so you are looking at 200 or more torque per motor,so the motor by its self will be little less but might work,good test 4mem8 is just the platform put weight on it and see how much it handles and then my motor will give you about 2 times as much ,minus the weight of the track platform you are using ,also 2-1 is good too
    wish lynxmotion have the payload it can handle on the website will help alot

Quote Originally Posted by GWJax View Post
    I too will be starting a J5 from scratch and using all the mods that tb and 4mem8 has done, I will be making my own tracks by making one mold and repeating the cast until I have enough, so I know you will start before I do, so I may use some of your mods aswell if thats ok with you. and will post the process as I go when started.
    GWJax
    also looking at the motors ,first motor 30-1 is the stock motor and it handle over 10 lbs of the johnny five kit plus all mods by tyberius,and second is about 1.5 times more torque and the third is my banebot motor is 2 times so it can handle 30 lbs or more,i am looking at stall torque to get the data ,using your motor its 15 lbs maybe more, with out testing each motor
    we do have at my work a motor torque tester
    pretty simple to make,buy a torque meter add a wheel and base and drill shaft holder for holding different motors shafts and power supply and meters for current and voltage,on the wheel you have a type of press bar to apply torque to the motor

Quote Originally Posted by robot maker View Post
    yes will post photos on my mods as i go,getting ready to order lexan and most likely will start next week
    4mem8
    i found a good motor from banebots that will work part #mp-28025-385 shaft size is the same 600 rpm and stall torque is double 238 of 50-1 you are using shaft is long but can be cut
    on more torque if i need it can add a 3-1 to give me 200 rpm at 714 stall torque
    i guess you know that stall torque is not power it puts out,need to look at the graph of the motor
    and best efficiency of the motor ,plus kt and times each gear ratio, and times 2 for both tracks
    i am thinking a good total payload is 25 lbs maybe 15 lbs for robot and 10 lbs for carrying items like beer,so you are looking at 200 or more torque per motor,so the motor by its self will be little less but might work,good test 4mem8 is just the platform put weight on it and see how much it handles and then my motor will give you about 2 times as much ,minus the weight of the track platform you are using ,also 2-1 is good too
    wish lynxmotion have the payload it can handle on the website will help alot
    Last edited by Adrenalynn; 07-31-2008 at 02:28 AM.

robot maker Guest

Adrenalynn ,have you made any mods or build the johnny five robot or any other type.i would love to see them

Images

robot maker: Checked out those motors, very cool, I may change mine after seeing those, A lot more torque and better quallity.
    People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

robot maker Guest

where is the link

Quote Originally Posted by 4mem8 View Post
    robot maker: Checked out those motors, very cool, I may change mine after seeing those, A lot more torque and better quallity.

I'm afraid I don't have much interest in a J5 bot myself. It's been done.
    I Void Warranties´┐Ż

robot maker Guest
    nice touchscreen,i have the same one, on the charging jacks look good but on mine having a automatic home base charge mine

Pictures of your docking system, RM?
    I Void Warranties´┐Ż

robot maker Guest

waiting on building the track and base first,mostly have metal box ,power supply and making a battery charging system
    should have pictiures of my new j5 track system up near the end of this month or sooner,then after will start on charging base design and photos

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalynn View Post
    Pictures of your docking system, RM?

Thread Information