Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: avrdude: verification error, first mismatch

1. Exclamation avrdude: verification error, first mismatch

Good afternoon.

I have been working with Arbotix-M for 10 months for my final degree project.

When I was working and tried to load a program, I got the following error:

I have looked in the forum, and many people have the same error, but I have not managed to know how to solve it.

I use Arbotix-M and FTDI cable correctly connected and well powered with its power supply. I use Arduino 1.0.6

I have reinstalled the drivers, re-add the libraries. Finally, I have recorded the start sequence, but it gives overtime errors.

I have read that it is possible that the error is in the microprocessor, and that it has to be reprogrammed. Would it be possible to fix it like this?

I'm in a hurry to know if it can be fixed, because I have to deliver the project in September.

I'm from Spain, and when I bought it it took me a long time to arrive, and I still have a lot to do, so any help I receive is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jesus.

Re: avrdude: verification error, first mismatch

You might email support to see if they can help or give you other suggestions.

Things I would check and/or do: (Not necessarily in this order)

0) Do you have an XBee plugged into this board? If so the FTDI cable will fail to program the board, until you remove the XBee.

1) check to make sure your FTDI cable is plugged in correctly. Both the right direction and that you did not get offset by a pin...

2) Double check that the power is plugged in correctly. If battery again make sure the battery is charged.

3) Which FTDI cable? Is it by chance the one that has an XBee adapter as part of it? If so I had one of those fail, and it worked fine using another FTDI adapter.

4) Unplug everything from the board and make sure that there are no areas on the board that are touching anything that might short out. Then try programming it.

5) Do you have an ISP type programmer? Something like: https://www.trossenrobotics.com/p/US...rogrammer.aspx
    Have you used this in the past? If so you maybe overwrote the bootloader and as such the FTDI cable can not program the board. You can resolve this by using the ISP to burn in a new bootloader. Personally with these boards I prefer using the ISP. It is faster, you don't have to remove XBee...

6) Try a more modern version of Arduino IDE, like 1.8.5 and looks for instructions on how to install Arbotix on it.

Good luck.

3. Re: avrdude: verification error, first mismatch

Muchas Gracias por responder.

En respuesta a sus preguntas:

0) No tengo un XBee conectado a la pizarra.

1). El cable FTDI está enchufado correctamente.

2) La placa se alimenta correctamente, y el functivo de alimentación funciona. Los LED de la placa están encendidos, como puede ver en la imagen:

3) Es un cable FTDI 232, no tiene XBE como parte de él (a menos que usted lo sepa).

4) He intentado en diferentes lugares para trabajar con el Arbotix-M desde que recibí el error y todavía no funciona. Lo he movido y me he conectado y desconectado muchas veces.

5) ¡SÍ! Compré un programador tipo ISP !!, pero estoy esperando que llegue.

¿Podría decirme qué pasos debo seguir cuando llegue el programador?

¿Con eso podrías reprogramar el microprocesador? ¿Cómo podría hacerse?

6) He seguido los pasos que dice el sitio web oficial de Arbotix, y recomiendo la versión 1.0.6. ¿La versión 1.8.5 admite bibliotecas? Voy a probar esto, a ver si se resuelve de esa manera.

Mi esperanza es que pueda arreglarlo con el programador de ISP ... ¿Cómo debería hacerlo? ¿Cuáles son mis opciones?

Muchas gracias, has sido muy amable conmigo.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nd3bli.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	7252  
    Last edited by jt16; 08-01-2018 at 04:21 AM.

Hopefully the ISP programmer will fix the problem!

How to use it, depends on which ISP you have. You need to follow their instructions on how to install, depending on your computer/OS.

Once it is properly installed, and configured, you choose your tool in the the tools=>programmer menu of Arduino.

Then depending on which one, like the one Trossen sells, creates two Serial ports when you plug it in. You then need to choose one of these. (I don't remember if first or second as it has been many months since I did it). Then to program with your program, you use the upload using programmer command.

As for Arduino 1.0.6 being the preferred... Well it is because Trossen did not invest the time to get later versions up and running properly. Others of us have. Probably the easiest way to install this stuff is using the stuff that the user tician did, which is mentioned in the thread:
    http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/sh...2249#post82249
    As well as a few other threads.

5. Re: avrdude: verification error, first mismatch

Good afternoon friends.

Today the ISP programmer has arrived. I followed your instructions, but it does not work.

First I installed the drivers.

Second I connected the ISP programmer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-08-13 at 18.08.18.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	259.6 KB 
ID:	7284

I have selected the com port (I have tried both ports).

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-08-13 at 18.09.11.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	7285

I have selected the programmmer AVRSPI mkII (serial)

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-08-13 at 18.09.39.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	7286

After all the preparations, I tried to rewrite the boot manager:

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-08-13 at 18.11.36.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	7287

Result:

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-08-13 at 13.04.16.jpg 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	7288

Then, I have tried to load the program with the Arduino programmer.

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-08-13 at 18.10.51.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	7289

Reslut:

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-08-13 at 18.06.37.jpg 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	7290

In both cases, the result has been the same. I have an overtime error. What I can do? Can you solve the problem? I am doing something wrong?

Thank you very much in advance.
    Last edited by jt16; 08-13-2018 at 11:37 AM.

6. Re: avrdude: verification error, first mismatch

This post can be deleted, it was the same as before it was written twice.
    Last edited by jt16; 08-13-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Sorry, not sure what is going on. In your above picture I don't see the power LED on? Was the board powered and the LED lit?

8. Re: avrdude: verification error, first mismatch

Quote Originally Posted by KurtEck View Post
    Sorry, not sure what is going on. In your above picture I don't see the power LED on? Was the board powered and the LED lit?
    Yes, the led is on. Sorry, the photo does not look good.

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-08-13 at 20.22.24.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	7291

When you use an ISP programmer, you do NOT typically use a serial port, and you do NOT typically use serial communication.
    Instead, use the "upload using programmer" option.
    (There are some programmers that are serial, but most use a USB protocol, such as USBTiny, or USBAsp, or somesuch.)

I could not tell from your pictures if this is the same ISP Programmer that Trossen sells? If it is than the AVRSPI mkII (serial)
    Is the correct Programmer to choose and you do need to select the appropriate COM port for it.

I should again try to digg up my setup... Not sure where it is sitting right now as I am not doing anything these days with the Arbotix boards.

Thread Information