Thread: RoboGames cancelled?

RoboGames cancelled?

Apparently, RoboGames is cancelled?

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlebots/...med_on_combat/

Re: RoboGames cancelled?

Yes, unexpected this is. We are planning on having a 2019 Mech Brawl in Tucson like we have had in a previous years. Everyone is invited to compete.

3. Re: RoboGames cancelled?

So it is true isn't it, I was looking forward to it. even had been working on a mech to compete next year.

Dang. I was just starting to prep for this. Well, I'll try for ShepRobo (if that is running) and whenever the next Tucson event is on.

Separately, with Columbia and Harvard having currently active teams, and me and another former Columbia team member working in Princeton, maybe we could get another east coast event running. The guys at Columbia keep talking about doing it... I'll bug them about it again.

Quote Originally Posted by byi View Post
    Dang. I was just starting to prep for this. Well, I'll try for ShepRobo (if that is running) and whenever the next Tucson event is on.

Separately, with Columbia and Harvard having currently active teams, and me and another former Columbia team member working in Princeton, maybe we could get another east coast event running. The guys at Columbia keep talking about doing it... I'll bug them about it again.
    We're looking at other options to Robogames. The Bay Area Maker Faire has been suggested that we're pursuing. Its also in San Mateo (near Robogames) in mid-May. If we are able to get in, one of the Columbia team members is also going to pursue getting into the NY Maker Faire (in the Fall).

Another option is that we could just hold another Tucson Mech Brawl in the spring. Its pretty low key & small and just held in my garage (up to this point) but is a lot of fun.

We are open to other suggestions as well if someone else has an event that we could join in on (maybe one of the universities?). Just keep in mind, for us to shown up with the arena, it needs to be within 1-day driving distance of Tucson.

6. Re: RoboGames cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by GhengisDhon View Post
    We're looking at other options to Robogames. The Bay Area Maker Faire has been suggested that we're pursuing. Its also in San Mateo (near Robogames) in mid-May.
    You can count me and the Cal Poly team in for Bay Area Maker Faire. We will have the mech we brought to last Robogames, as well as another that I am working on personally. Have you tried reaching out to all the usual Robogames teams? Maker Faire might make sense for them as well if they've already made a similar trip before. Keep us updated!

I hate Maker Faire because it's so crowded and noisy, but if there's a dedicated spot for Mech Warfare, it's a very convenient drive or train ride for me, so I could totally do that. Assuming I could get a 'bot working again. My daughter's AX12 bot is still in working shape (Onyx is in parts on the shelf.)

So.. We've gone ahead and submitted the application for the Bay Area Maker Faire on May 17-19.

Don't know how long it will take to find out if we're accepted but we'll keep everyone posted.

Start getting your Mechs ready!

Thread Information