Thread: Anyone want to collaborate on a project?

Anyone want to collaborate on a project?

I just stopped by and it's crazy to see everyone who is still around. Feels like it's been forever.

I currently don't have time/money to put together a new mech project, but if somebody wants to work together on something I'd be happy to help! I have a small cnc mill so I can help fabricate parts (5.5"x4.5" max). I can also help with c++, though I'd be looking to do something interesting like accurate physics simulations for gait optimization or SLAM/fully autonomous.

Re: Anyone want to collaborate on a project?

Currently planning a new mech, also on limited time and money, with the additional constraint of limited tools. Alas, my current university has much fewer tools available to students than my previous one. Could probably use an extra hand, so maybe we could discuss?

3. Re: Anyone want to collaborate on a project?

Talking about "fewer tools" I recently purchased a snapmaker/cnc mill/laser-engraver for about $600. It's got a very small work area (12cm cube), but if you don't have space for a full workshop it does pretty decently. I've used it for a couple small projects already, and it will be the "prime fabricator" for my mech build.

I won't say that it's the "perfect" tool, because it does have it's limitations (ie: not rigid enough to machine aluminium, small work area), but if you are looking for something you can buy to increase what you can build, it turns out that the prices of desktop manufacturing aren't that high anymore

Re: Anyone want to collaborate on a project?

Quote Originally Posted by sdfgeoff View Post
    Talking about "fewer tools" I recently purchased a snapmaker/cnc mill/laser-engraver for about $600. It's got a very small work area (12cm cube), but if you don't have space for a full workshop it does pretty decently. I've used it for a couple small projects already, and it will be the "prime fabricator" for my mech build.

I won't say that it's the "perfect" tool, because it does have it's limitations (ie: not rigid enough to machine aluminium, small work area), but if you are looking for something you can buy to increase what you can build, it turns out that the prices of desktop manufacturing aren't that high anymore
    Looking at it now. Very intriguing... Thanks for the advice!

Thread Information