Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mech Warfare at Bay Area Maker Faire 2019

Re: Mech Warfare at Bay Area Maker Faire 2019

I received the links for registering at Maker Faire Mech Warfare this evening. I'll begin distributing them shortly. I have heard from some of you who said you were interested but not everyone. I do want everyone to respond with the above info so I can keep track of the number of participants and Mechs.

I do have some your contact info, so may contact you directly if I haven't heard from you.

Quote Originally Posted by GhengisDhon View Post
    I received the links for registering at Maker Faire Mech Warfare this evening. I'll begin distributing them shortly. I have heard from some of you who said you were interested but not everyone. I do want everyone to respond with the above info so I can keep track of the number of participants and Mechs.

I do have some your contact info, so may contact you directly if I haven't heard from you.
    Sorry for the delay. We're having some nontechnical issues and likely cannot make it. Hoping to figure that out shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by GhengisDhon View Post

It looks like we can't make it. Rather disappointing to all of us, but we plan to use the extra time before the next event to implement new features. Best of luck!

I just received the registration link by email (thanks, guys!) but I don't know when the last possible date is.

So that I'm all in sync: Where is the latest specification for physical mount of target panels?

6. Re: Mech Warfare at Bay Area Maker Faire 2019

To add another question... I'd be interested in broadcasting my laptop's screen over the 5.8Ghz video if you're going to have the public display again. Anyone know what a viable VGA->5.8Ghz (or Displayport) adapter would be?

Quote Originally Posted by jpieper View Post
    To add another question... I'd be interested in broadcasting my laptop's screen over the 5.8Ghz video if you're going to have the public display again. Anyone know what a viable VGA->5.8Ghz (or Displayport) adapter would be?
    If I understand correctly, most transmitters take a composite video signal, so a normal VGA -> RCA adapter would work. I've also seen some transmitters that take HDMI input. I've been looking into it for a rather unconventional control scheme we're currently working on.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

To answer my own question: this thread specifies the panels: http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/sh...es-Transponder

Note the 4-pin molex connector harness requirement!

9. Re: Mech Warfare at Bay Area Maker Faire 2019

GhengisDon: Do you plan on having a video display again? Any hint on what transmitter(s) R-Team is using so that I can get a compatible one to display my view?

Quote Originally Posted by jpieper View Post
    GhengisDon: Do you plan on having a video display again? Any hint on what transmitter(s) R-Team is using so that I can get a compatible one to display my view?
    When you say video display... I'm assuming you mean for the Mechs (we also have videos in the arena now). We're using a variety of cameras/displays. There's really a lot more variety and better quality than just a few years ago.

You will want 5.8Ghz with multi channels; 32 or 48. I'm still using a TS5823 200mW Transmitter on my Mech that I bought several years ago with a Lumineer camera. A lot of people are now using integrated cameras/transmitters as well which seem to work well. Which ever camera you do use, you will want to shield it with plexi-glass or bring spares.

For receivers, most of us are now using integrated displays/receivers. There's a big choice now on ebay/amazon. The model I use is no longer made. Make sure you get one with "Diversity". It makes a big difference in video quality. I've also recently just purchased an "Eachine ROTG02" that plugs into a laptop or android device. Seems to work well but haven't had much time on it yet.

We'll also loan out our displays to people if they are having video issues as long as we're not fighting.

What we did last year, which was really cool, is we had monitors on a stand in front of the arena and would tune in to each competitors video so the audience could see the Mechs view as well.

Thread Information