Thread: How many hours per week does your team meet to work on anything robotics related during the season?

1. How many hours per week does your team meet to work on anything robotics related during the season?

I’m part of a school team, but the school thinks of us as a regular club and only allows us to meet a maximum of 2 times a week (around an hour and 30 minutes per meeting so 3 hours a week). I’m curious to see how much other teams meet a week.
    There’s not much I can do to change the meetings times because the school is very stubborn about that and won’t listen to anyone.
    Edit: we do sometimes meet on Saturday’s for maybe 4-5 hours, but it’s very rare. We can’t request the Saturday. We have to see if something is going on on campus.

Re: How many hours per week does your team meet to work on anything robotics related during the season?

That's not enough really to do actual work. Just setting up and tearing down will take a significant amount of time.
    I'd rather use a single three-hour window instead of two 90-minute times.
    That being said, three hours a week won't be enough, unless you can find creative ways to figure out what needs to be done in "free time" outside of the school room. Perhaps use the in-school time to figure out what needs to be done, and who does what, and then report back the result of the "doing"?

Thread Information