Trossen Desktop RoboTurret Top Banner
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: MECH Puppeteer CP - Combat software

Exclamation MECH Puppeteer CP - Combat software

I had to take a break from MECH fabricating last week. So instead, I worked on some control and targeting solutions form my bot. Heres the result...

MECH Puppeteer CP (Combat Platform) Software

In regards to Robo-One wrestling and the like, this software would probably not be the best choice (it's not very efficient having to repeditively look back-and-forth between bot and monitor) but I chose the laptop as a form of control over a handheld controller since we're not going to be physically observing our bots in the area - rather through our bot's camera.

I've now got live video feed and successful two way communication (bluetooth serial) between my bot and laptop in one convenient location. There's also a full safety system implemented that will help ensure misfirings from occurring while people are in the vicinity. There's all sorts of support for goodies in this thing... gun firing, rocket launching, and flame throwing to name a few! There's still a little room for more... so we'll see where that goes.

Re: MECH Puppeteer CP - Combat software

Holy COW! I hate you! That's BEAUTIFUL!!! It looks totally commercial-ready UI.

+Rep +ThreadRate
    I Void Warranties�

Images

Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant. Where can I get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOps I got carried away and did not notice the link, Will this only work with Robonova??
    Last edited by 4mem8; 08-25-2008 at 02:27 AM.
    People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

4. Trossen Distance Sensor  Thread Banner

Wow that's really sweet Matt... you just need a 5 point harness & helmet now... beautiful!!!

-Crabfu

Images

Holy crap man, I'm blown away. What language did you use to build that?

And when do we get to see your Mech?
    Andrew Alter
    Trossen Robotics
    Join the Robotic Combat Revolution @ Mech Warfare!

Images

What?!? Dude, this is some amazing work! I'm with Ty, what language did you write this in?

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Rad!....Reminds me of the Gui from "Fallout"....That bunny skull guy looks a little post-apocalyptic as well

Quote Originally Posted by 4mem8 View Post
    Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant. Where can I get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOps I got carried away and did not notice the link, Will this only work with Robonova??
    I think what you found is the first release of MECH Puppeteer (v1.01b) for use w/ the MR-C3024. As far as being able to use it w/ other robots, I cant say. This new version (CP), however, is geared more towards our theme and isnt quite finished yet. This leaves it open for discussion of what could possibly be included (within reason of course as I have somewhat limited programming abilities).

What Ill probably end up doing is setting up an ini file or something that the operator can use to define the output making it compatible w/ a wider range of bots.

Holy crap man, I'm blown away. What language did you use to build that?
    Believe it or not, its a VB6 app. I spent most of my time in Photoshop drawing controls. All the push-buttons illuminate when theyre pressed, but I still think my favorites are the launch switches w/ the covers.

And when do we get to see your Mech?
    I want to get the turret closer to being finished up before I do any unveiling.
    Hes painted with mil-spec CARC green - so those of you thinking of using radar will have some trouble detecting this MECH .

Nice work! Very cool application.
    We suspected that an agreement with humans would prove impossible to maintain. You are erratic, conflicted, disorganised. Every decision is debated, every action questioned. Every individual entitled to their own small opinion. You lack harmony, cohesion, greatness. It will be your undoing.

Images

BauerMech: Thanks for your reply, I look on with interest as you progress with this, Awesome man. Great work.
    People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

Thread Information