Thread: FSR 24 inch strip

1. FSR 24 inch strip

Hey guys I was just wondering if they had smaller strips than the 24''. I would also like to mount this on a robot gripper finger. Would this work good for sensing touch? If not, what would any of you recommend for getting touch(something small like a strip would be be nice). Thanks guys.

Images

Re: FSR 24 inch strip

You can cut the 24" strip down. The only problem is that the section that you cut off will be unusable.

If you're wanting to mount a force sensor onto a robot gripper, depending on your setup, I'd use the .2" or .5" FSR's:

http://www.trossenrobotics.com/store...h-Sensors.aspx

We've used the .2" FSR's with grippers on many past projects

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

3. Re: FSR 24 inch strip

Hey Alex,
    I was wondering, how short can you cut them strip. I need the strip to wrap around. And once you cut it, how would you get the pins back on. Would you have to solder them on again?

Images

You can cut them as short as you want. When you cut it, the section with the pins/leads is the side you use. The section without, is garbage.

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

As far as reattaching the pins - I don't think I would. I'd be more inclined to scrape the resin off with a sharp knife/razorblade, and solder a couple pins on it.
    I Void Warranties�

Thread Information