Thread: What are the pros and cons of buying the required number of Dynamixel at the same time? Your experience with Robotis return policy

1. What are the pros and cons of buying the required number of Dynamixel at the same time? Your experience with Robotis return policy

Hi, I see some users posting photos of their components before making their robots. What are the pros and cons of buying the required number of Dynamixel all at the same time vs. buying in 2-3 separate batches? I heard that for building DIY PC, it is better to buy the expected amount of RAM at the same time to get RAM modules from the same batch to avoid some potential compatibility issues.

I am worrying that if buying about 20 of those expensive high-end motors at the same time and there are some defective units, then I will get into a messy situation and lose a lot of money because of their 20% restocking fee.

I asked Robotis what will happen if products are DOA or defective upon arrival. They just referred me to their policy:

http://www.robotis.us/shipping-returns-warranty/

which states: "If you are not satisfied with your product, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for an exchange or refund. A 20% restocking fee will apply.".

It seems that they have the final say.
    Last edited by Snoopy; 1 Week Ago at 12:25 PM.

Re: What are the pros and cons of buying the required number of Dynamixel at the same time? Your experience with Robotis return policy

Note they do have a warranty

Please contact [email protected] if you cannot access the RMA form.
    1 YEAR WARRANTY
    Unless otherwise noted, ROBOTIS warranties its products against defects for 1 year. Products that are not manufactured by ROBOTIS or are co-developed with ROBOTIS may not be covered under warranty.

BATTERY WARRANTY
    ROBOTIS battery products with Lithium-Polymer chemistry (Li-Po) are warrantied for 6 months from the date of purchase.
    Over-discharge, misuse, or incorrect charging practices may void this warranty.
    And I have shipped some stuff to them, and they have not yet ever charged me for fixing a few servos, OpenCR board, OpenCM...

The only issue I have had with warranty is sometimes it may take awhile.

3. Re: What are the pros and cons of buying the required number of Dynamixel at the same time? Your experience with Robotis return policy

Thanks KurtEck.

Is there any point to buy all required servos together at the same time?
    Last edited by Snoopy; 1 Week Ago at 02:52 PM.

Re: What are the pros and cons of buying the required number of Dynamixel at the same time? Your experience with Robotis return policy

If you're going to build the robot, having all the servos at once might be helpful :-)
    Also, you save a little bit on shipping.
    On the other hand, if you're buying and shipping through customs, customs might care more about a package with a higher declared cost? I don't know about that.

5. Re: What are the pros and cons of buying the required number of Dynamixel at the same time? Your experience with Robotis return policy

Thanks. I will check with customs.

Thread Information