Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: robosapien?

Images

robosapien?

Has anyone considered modding a robosapien for Mech Wars? I don't have one and have never seen one first hand but it might be a relatively cheap way to get into the competition. This guy built something close:
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/13/c...ses-terrifies/

Images

Re: robosapien?

Are they even a true biped? I always assumed they had rollers on their feet.

Images

I don't think they have rollers. I believe they have a shuffling kind of gait.

Images

Go for it!

Images

They do not have rollers Both V1 and V2 sway from side to side and shuffle forward, Would be hard to control the hand movement for weapons accurately enough to be of any use. I have both V1 and 2
    People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

Images

that flame thrower looked pretty nice. i know how to make a better one..... honest!! but don't tell on me, please...
    Hey Hamlet: 2b or not 2b = $FF

7. Re: robosapien?

A wrist mounted "squeeze your hand to trigger" weapon might work with the V2. The V2 is actually the unsung hero of the WowWee line. He his hands are very agile and combined with his ability to touch the ground, you can actually pick up fairly small items off the ground. I must admit though, I never got very good at using his hands until I remapped all the movements I needed to my Nintendo WiiMote. The factory remote control was just too complicated for me to use the V2's hand easily. Once I mapped all the relevant primary body movements to the WiiMote it became a lot easier to make good use of the V2's hands capability. I can't think of another robot, especially in the V2's price class, that even comes close in dexterity.

Images

That's true roschler, your system with the Wiimote would be a lot better at controlling his arms and hands than the stock controller.
    People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

Images

have you seen the u-tube videos with the guy using a wiimote interface with a PC? ill post some links shortly.
    Hey Hamlet: 2b or not 2b = $FF

I posted some videos here awhile back of using the Wiimote on the PC, but also using the Wiimote to drive a Traxster. Probably about 6-8mo ago.
    I Void Warranties´┐Ż

Thread Information