Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autodesk Student Community - Free Autodesk Software

Autodesk Student Community - Free Autodesk Software

I'm a member on the Autodesk student community.

There is quite a bit of free software for download like AutoCAD Electrical 2009, Autodesk Inventor 2009, Autodesk Showcase, Autodesk SketchBook Pro. These are all Pro versions, although they give you a student key.

The software will be no different then with a normal key, other then all of the CAD parts you create will have a "water mark", that when opened, will tell you that they where created in a Student version. The key will last for 13 months (although a newer version should be out before then).

I get a normal keys from a friend (legally), although there is nothing wrong with the student keys.

The downloads for the programs are also fast, although because of the size it can take a few days to download.

You will need to be invited to join, so if anyone is interested I can send you one.

I can't find any rules about age, although (based on replies here) you need to be a registered student of a school.

Cheers,
    --srobot
    Last edited by srobot; 10-09-2008 at 07:35 AM.
    Dell Studio XPS Desktop, Windows Vista, 12 GB RAM, 2x 500 GB SATA RAID0 HDD, Intel i7 2.66Ghz Quad Core (4 cores, 8 virtual cores). The power that's needed... plus some!

RIBO Labs, Springing Robotic Development to a New Level

Images

Re: Autodesk Student Community - Free Autodesk Software

i have autodesk inventor 11 professional. i really like it, and have made numerous projects. I thought that the help manual was a bit insufficient and i couldn't find the necessary help.
    Hey Hamlet: 2b or not 2b = $FF

Images

You DO need to be a registered student to join. Unfortunately, or I would be using it.

I wish I could afford a license to Inventor, I really do...

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post
    You DO need to be a registered student to join. Unfortunately, or I would be using it.

I wish I could afford a license to Inventor, I really do...
    Can you show me where you see that?

Here is what I've found:

Invite Page:
    Invite Your Friends

Invite Your Friends & You Could Win*!

Spead the word about the Autodesk Student Engineering & Design Community and you'll be entered for a chance to win an "Autodesk Build Something" t-shirt. Simply enter the email addresses of up to 10 of your friends to invite them to join the community. When at least five of your friends register for the community, you'll win a t-shirt! Invite as many friends as you like - you are eligible to win up to three t-shirts for your referrals.

Please note, we do not store and will not use the email addresses you submit to invite your friends -- this is just a way for you to tell them about the resources, design tools, and networking available on the community.

Terms and Conditions

*This special offer is available to student community members in the US and Canada ONLY.
    Last edited by Adrenalynn; 10-09-2008 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Got rid of dozens of extra quote lines. Removed the paste of the TOS/TandC
    Dell Studio XPS Desktop, Windows Vista, 12 GB RAM, 2x 500 GB SATA RAID0 HDD, Intel i7 2.66Ghz Quad Core (4 cores, 8 virtual cores). The power that's needed... plus some!

Does this monster violation of Autodesk's copyrights need to be pasted here in its entirety, or can a link simply be provided instead?

Please edit your post and use links and remove AD's copyrighted page(s) from your post.

Thanks!
    I Void Warranties´┐Ż

Images

M'mmmmm, good point Adrenalynn.
    People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

Images

I received an invite from a friend and was brought to a page asking for my student email address, so I'm pretty sure this is still for students only

Just a quick opinion of one who participated with Autodesk and their educational program. I got in touch with Autodesk's Ed. program back in 1992. They were generous enough to provide me with 3D Studio v1 and v2 when it came out (pre 3d Max), as well as AutoCAD. Their assistance helped launch a second career path both through college and professionally. With that help, I worked in both engineering and broadcast as careers, using my skills learned from their ed. program. If you are a student, (high school or college) I would highly recommend working with them and letting them know what you think. I wouldn't be overstating that meeting their educational representative at Siggraph '92 changed my life.
    Just my 2 cents...

Images

From the Autodesk Student Engineering and Design Community Terms and Conditions:
    2. If you open an account on this website, you must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form, and meet all the requirements set forth in the registration process.
    Emphasis mine.
    http://students8.autodesk.com/?nd=terms_conditions

From the registration page:
    Please note that you must enter a valid, school-issued email address to register:
    Hence, if you do not have at least a minimum of a school issued email, (e.g., if you do not attend a school) you are not eligible.

And while you could probably register a .edu domain and hand out emails, it would defeat the purpose of the program. And too many people doing that will simply cause Autodesk to shut it down.

I would gladly pay 1/10th the price of the software for a not for profit, watermarked "Hobby" version. But, they don't seem to offer that unfortionately. (Pro/E Wildfire does, but after learning 3D CAD on Inventor LT, their UI is just primitive.)

I'm registered with just a normal gmail account (may be because I joined via invite?).

All the same, I edited my first post.

Thread Information