Thread: Now taking Pre-Orders on the Bioloid Boomerang Zigbee Controller!

Images

Now taking Pre-Orders on the Bioloid Boomerang Zigbee Controller!

Bioloid users have been drooling over these controllers since they were first announced at Robogames 2008! Well, the time is nigh to get your robot a fix, the Bioloid Boomerang Zigbee Controllers are due on our next shipment! These controllers finally put wireless Bioloid control into user's hands, enabling easier participation in humanoid kung-fu, soccer, and stairclimbing.

We are now accepting Pre-Orders, with an expected arrival date of November 15th, 2008. They come in two flavors, one with a set of Zig-100s, and one without (if you already had purchased a pair previously). Get em while they're hot!

Last edited by DresnerRobotics; 10-24-2008 at 03:19 PM.

Re: Now taking Pre-Orders on the Bioloid Boomerang Zigbee Controller!

Cool! I never looked closely at the Bioloid since I only want remote controlled robots, but now this kit seems better than most.

I don't suppose you have any video (yet) of this robot under master/slave control with the transmitter, do you?

Is anything else required, other than the kit and the transmitter with Zig-100s?
    "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

W000T!!!!

I am soo buying one!

One question - I bought the Zig100s but soldered one to the bioloid and one to the Zig2Serial... Um, any ideas as what to do? Since they are paired maybe I could buy another set of Zig100s and set the one on the "Boomerang" to the same as the one as on the Z2S (aka "clone" it)? How I would go about cloning the Zig100 I have no idea...

Thoughts?

===========

Quote Originally Posted by icecreamslick View Post
    Cool! I never looked closely at the Bioloid since I only want remote controlled robots, but now this kit seems better than most.

I don't suppose you have any video (yet) of this robot under master/slave control with the transmitter, do you?

Is anything else required, other than the kit and the transmitter with Zig-100s?
    The only other thing you'd want is a good set of JIS screwdrivers like these:

http://www.trossenrobotics.com/store...river-Set.aspx

Of course you will need a PC running Windows XP or Vista for programming (software comes with the main Bioloid kit).
    Last edited by srobot; 10-22-2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Merged so Adren does not kill me ;)
    Dell Studio XPS Desktop, Windows Vista, 12 GB RAM, 2x 500 GB SATA RAID0 HDD, Intel i7 2.66Ghz Quad Core (4 cores, 8 virtual cores). The power that's needed... plus some!

RIBO Labs, Springing Robotic Development to a New Level

Images

Nice addition to the Bioloid system Tyberius, Maybe one day I will be able to afford one. The U.S and NZ $ will have to change somewhat first though 60c to the NZ $ at present. sad.
    People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

Images

The Bioloid is now combat ready. I think we will see allot of them at the robogames this year

6. Re: Now taking Pre-Orders on the Bioloid Boomerang Zigbee Controller!

Got a link to the manual? is it plug and play?jus wondering what it takes to get it functional

Images

Count me in, been awaiting the release.

Thread Information