Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Let's talk about bending metal

Images

Re: Let's talk about bending metal

I am excited, so I will share. I have the "lil" 30" brake (2nd pic) in the shop now, and although it works OK it isn't precision by any stretch of the imagination. I have used it enough to become somewhat "addicted" to metal bending ... So I just ordered the 24" brake from HF (1st pic). If I had more room in the workshop I would have got a bigger one ... not that I need a bigger one, but isn't bigger ALWAYS better?
    Last edited by ooops; 12-31-2008 at 01:27 PM. Reason: pictures reversed on me

Grats! When do you pick it up?
    I Void Warranties´┐Ż

Images

Shipping was only $11.99 ... apparently based on price not weight ... so it is coming to me
    Hopefully next week.
    The sad thing is, when I go in the store I buy stuff I may never need and seldom use, just because it is a "good deal". I thought I would avoid that by buying on line, but they have the "clearance" link, and freight is so cheap, I couldn't resist adding about half a dozen other things to the cart. Shhhh don't tell the wife

Images

Ha ha, [don't tell the wife] How many times have we all said that. I think I would be dead now if my wife new. ha ha. But at least she is getting a new bathroom, I love brownie points. Congrats on the brake, looks like a really neat addition to the workshop ooops.
    People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

5. Re: Let's talk about bending metal

if a brake is rated to bend 20ga. mild steel, what would be the equivalent for sheet aluminum that it could handle? I would think it could bend thicker aluminum (like 16ga)?

Thread Information