Trossen Force Sensor  Top Banner
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet CLYDE

Images

Meet CLYDE

Got some vid of my brand-spanking new bot.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGvXhEBZAMQ"]YouTube - 27Feb2009 vid1 avi[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXwdO2OX5O0"]YouTube - 27Feb2009 vid2 avi[/ame]

Its a 4 DOF per leg Lynxmotion-based bot using Hitec HS-645MG. I named it Clyde after the orangutan in 'Any which way but loose', because I couldn't think of any clever acronyms.
    Here's my site for more info: https://sites.google.com/site/mannysrobotpage/
    Last edited by mannyr7; 06-17-2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar

Images

Re: Meet CLYDE

Pretty cool. Its nice that you are getting so much out of 645s. Can't wait to see it walk.

I also like your get up sequence.

DB

Images

Congratz with your bot!
    As DB mention the get up sequence are great.

4. Trossen Arduino Thread Banner
    Images

I got some more video. This my first walking sequence. You'll note the lines done in sharpie on the work bench to guage his ability to walk in a straight line. Well after many hours of tweaking, and a few beers later, got him to pass a sobriety check. Can't say the same for me. Enjoy. And thank you for the compliments.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InB0MF1MBuk"]YouTube - 01March2009 vid3[/ame]

Also moved my webcam to the garage, so if you wanna see what I'm up to, drop by!
    I'm on yahoo messenger: mramirezjr7 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com

Images

How well are the 645's performing? I was considering a humanoid much like like the lynxmotion Scout using the 645MG's. Are they performing pretty well? Are they getting hot? Can Clyde carry his own battery and electronics?

Nice work so far!
    Last edited by jes1510; 03-02-2009 at 11:03 AM.
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
    -
    Einstein

Don't be a HelpVampire

Images

Quote Originally Posted by jes1510 View Post
    How well are the 645's performing? I was considering a humanoid much like like the lynxmotion Scout using the 645MG's. Are they performing pretty well? Are they getting hot? Can Clyde carry his own battery and electronics?

Nice work so far!
    They have plenty of torque and speed. I accidently triggered a sequence while holding him behind the knee/ankle joint and crunched my finger. Hurt like heck! I ran him last night with a 2.4gHz wireless cam and additional 9v alkaline to power it, no problems. Didn't even have to touch my walk sequence to offset the added weight. Now, two airsoft cannons, batteries to power em, ammunition, bluesmirf, two more servos for pan/tilt, and accelerometer, plus vacu-formed armor is another thing entirely! But.. I think with careful weight distribution, the 645's still have enough torque to move it all. As for heat, at 6v they aren't hot at all. I got all mine on ebay $17-$28 each, shipping included.

Images

Any update on your mech?

Images

Sorry for the lack of updates, been doing lots of OT to fund my hobby and dealing with personal issues. Since the debut of Clyde, the added weight of pan/tilt/sway servos, IP cam, two airsoft cannon and suitable housing for all this proved how woefully inadequate my 645 mg's would be. I managed to find a screaming deal on four 5990tg's last week and upgraded the knee and hip extension joints. The ankle and hip rotation stayed the same.

I added servos for neck tilt, pan and sway, which when linked to accelerometer/gyro IMU, will allow me to run and gun. Still haven't purchased this bit and doubt I'll have time to implement it before June 12.

I scrapped the LM feet, as they were too small to support all the added weight up topside. I fabbed some longer and wider feet that have clearance to walk over any bb's scattered around. While I was at it, I figured with my increasing power demands, I could go to two 7.2V R/C packs I had lying around. No room to mount batteries anywhere, so I built some integrated battery holders into the new feet.

Finally, on to the head! I built a camera housing/gun mount out of .050" 2027 alum. I really like how this unit turned out and there's still room inside to mount voltage regulators for the cam/target board and the target board itself.

Still left to do:
    1. Wire up power distribution and voltage regulators for all the assorted systems and twin batteries.

2. Wire up cannons and mount barrels securely. Build ammo storage.

3. Fine tune movement gaits and other sequences.

3. Physical on/off switches for safety.

4. Build and mount target sensors and connect Xbee sending unit.

5. Finish my VB piloting program which I haven't touched in a month due to frustration!

It's coming down to the wire, and all major hurdles are out of the way. Making daily progess and hope to see you in S.F inna couple weeks!

New pics here ----> http://picasaweb.google.com/mramirez...eat=directlink
    Sorry for the poor quality, camera in my phone stinks.

Images

First off...Awesome bot. I am really impressed with what I see you have done with the feet. Where did you get those...really cool. Did you make them yourself?

Also, I really like how your camera box looks like one of the walkers from starwars.

Keep us posted!

DB

Images

Nice work Manny, Bheka and I are looking foreward to meeting you and doing battle with Clyde..

See ya in San Fran
    Gary
    Team Maggot---Mechs. "Bheka" (retired), "Maggot Mk.3(A)"
    " Keep your stick on the ice ".... Red Green

Thread Information