Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest MC that fulfills my needs?

Images

Re: Cheapest MC that fulfills my needs?

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm65 View Post
    The aurduino board is $18. I am looking for anything around or less than $12 to go from servo control to motor speed control in a very limited way. I only NEED 3 settings including off.
    You can easily build a motor driver on a protoboard for <$2.50. For your micro, use a smaller AVR (we already had that discussion above.....), skip the crystal, run it on the internal oscillator - $2-4 depending on variant chosen. You'll need a programmer though, thats $30, but you only need 1 for all the AVR-based bots you ever build... its just another tool

-Fergs

2. Re: Cheapest MC that fulfills my needs?

Is there any chance to get that in a rough diagram form? I am having trouble following.

Images

Welcome to the jolly world of electronics.
    If it's been built, you can't build it cheaper. period. There's capitalism for you.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve life, press three" - Alice Kahn

Resistance is futile! (if < 1)

4. Re: Cheapest MC that fulfills my needs?

If only I knew where to find a schematic or diagram or something...

Make one! You can find a schematic where ScuD, Fergs, Jes, Me, etc find them. Start with a datasheet and work forward.
    I Void Warranties´┐Ż

There's a simple circuit pictured here, from Google :

This is a bit screwy in that it will invert the PWM coming from the micro, and be somewhat slow in the frequency it can handle, in addition to the lack of a flyback diode across the motor terminals. What I would suggest is something like a TC4427 driver pushing an IRFZ44N MOSFET through maybe a 20 ohm resistor, and a 1N5817 Schottky as a flyback across the motor terminals. Think that sounds like about $5 worth of parts, plus shipping and a board to put them on.

>> Think that sounds like about $5 worth of parts, plus shipping and a board to put them on.

And the micro. And the programmer.
    I Void Warranties´┐Ż

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalynn View Post
    >> Think that sounds like about $5 worth of parts, plus shipping and a board to put them on.

And the micro. And the programmer.
    Yeah, I remember, but he did say something about an $18 Arduino somewhere, so those bits should finish it off. If he can learn to program the Arduino to output PWM.

Images

Seriously, if you understand how a transistor or an h-bridge work, creating a schematic is not difficult all (in fact, it's trivial using any of the parts I listed above as options). The problem with us just giving you a schematic is, when you end up putting it together, you have no idea how it really works -- how do you plan to debug something you don't understand!

http://tinyurl.com/dh7ar7

-Fergs

10. Re: Cheapest MC that fulfills my needs?

Will this work? http://www.robotshop.us/solarbotics-...ver-kit-2.html Is this what I should be looking at? Remember, I only need to control 1 motor with an aurdiuno. And as much as I would like to sit down and learn it first, this project requires that I need to know what to buy now.

Thread Information