Thread: Robomagellan

1. Robomagellan

If anyone has been following the email or Chibots web site you'll know we have an "unofficial" date for Robomagellan. Currently we are looking at Saturday, August 15th. As soon as it is "official" I will make the announcement here, the web site, and on the group email.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the poll

2. Re: Robomagellan

It Is Official!

For those people who don't know, it is official. Robomagellan will be held on August 15th 2009 at MVCC. I hope to see many people and robots there

Re: Robomagellan

Quote Originally Posted by TonyS View Post
    It Is Official!

For those people who don't know, it is official. Robomagellan will be held on August 15th 2009 at MVCC. I hope to see many people and robots there
    Did the Robomagellan ever happen? I was there at Moraine Valley CC along with a few other folks and couldn't find it.
    Sidster . . . . . :^)

We were there from 10:30 to 4 or 5.

I've posted Google Earth maps of my two runs on Chibots yahoo groups.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/chibots/files/Chibots%20Robomagellan%202009/

Rick Brooks

I still think the directions were not too clear. Several other newbie folks couldn't find it as well. I tried to use the link to Yahoo Google maps, but it says that I don't belong to the group. How can I resolve this for the future?

6. Re: Robomagellan

Have you visited www.chibots.org? It also has detailed info on events.

Salvador

The files are posted on ChiBots Yahoo groups. You must join the group to view the files.

Once there, just click on one of the .kml files to open it with Google Earth which you should have already loaded on your PC.

Most of the ChiBots RoboMagellan competition was and is on their Yahoo groups.

Rick Brooks

Have you visited www.chibots.org? It also has detailed info on events.
    Yes, myself and several others looked around the chibots.org site and could not find the exact location for the event at MVCC. Not even the security office knew where it was.

The files are posted on ChiBots Yahoo groups. You must join the group to view the files.
    Once there, just click on one of the .kml files to open it with Google Earth which you should have already loaded on your PC.
    I tried this, but for some reason, I can't make it work with Firefox. I guess I could try it on another computer with IE. Still, for newbies who are starting to get interested in robotics and chibots, not finding the event could be a turn-off. My grandson was very dissappointed.

Thanks anyway for the help.

Thread Information