Thread: I-Sobot Competitor?

1. I-Sobot Competitor?

Botjunkie.com has an article about a 6 inch robot called BeRobot. While the motions don't look as smooth as the I-Sobot, and it is unlikely to have as much personality as the I-Sobot, it does have a few features which make it interesting:

"gyro unit, voice control unit, image sensor unit, ultrasonic sensor unit, Bluetooth control unit, Zigbee control unit, 2G/3G mobile phone control unit, Built-in Speaker Unit"

Plus you can create your own motions and the frame can be reconfigured, unlike the I-Sobot.

http://gestream.com/BeRobot

Re: I-Sobot Competitor?

i see. Is this robot already available? Do you have any idea of its price range? on the website they claim for it to be the cheapest as well. it in some ways seems rather intriguing...but i do agree that it is not nearly as smooth as the i-sobot. but BeRobot appears to be mor efor the person who wants to learn from it as well instead of just being entertained. That's why i didnt buy the isobot, becuase i thought i would get bored with it.
    Last edited by Grand Robot Master; 06-01-2009 at 08:09 PM.

Images

Re: I-Sobot Competitor?

The website says gestream, but is this robot an Innovati robot from Freddie Lee? I thought the color scheme looks very similar to his designs...
    ---
    Sleep? You don't need sleep...

---

4. Smile Re: I-Sobot Competitor?

hi, I have bought the berobot, I think it's a very excellent product.
    I have both i-sobot and berobot. though i-sobot is fun for a while, but I like berobot more because it has very easy to use graphic program software, it also support programming in visual studio (my advanced version package includes VB and VC source codes). besides, I can reassembly berobot as many different types, now I have tried human type, dog type, scorpion type, wheel car type, not like i-sobot only human type.
    gestream company design and manufacture all components, including digital servo motors, robot controller, mechanism parts and the graphic software. so while I have any trouble in assembly or programming, they can give me very professional suggestion and explanation by emails. that I learn a lot.
    this is their web www.berobot.com
    and robot motion www.youtube.com/GestreamTw
    the motions are much quick and smooth than i-sobot

Thread Information