Thread: Avayan's R2D2 Last Walk

Avayan's R2D2 Last Walk

Hi Group,

I have finished filming my R2D2 video depicting the 14 years I invested on this project. R2D2 has it's last accident last week and I am just not in the mood of repairing it anymore as it is evident that it would be easier to build a new replica. Whatever I fix, something else will break later. A good lesson as to why there is importance in making strong and sturdy things, not just grabbing the first piece of plastic and fiberglass that comes along.

Low Resolution Version:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcgNvOMkPsU"]YouTube - R2LastWalk-Mobile[/ame]

Med Resolution Version:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQgk9yC7vEY"]YouTube - R2LastWalkShort[/ame]

Thanks for watching!
    Last edited by avayan; 06-27-2009 at 12:22 PM.
    Check out my Open Source electronic designs at www.avayanelectronics.com

Images

Re: Avayan's R2D2 Last Walk

heck...a 14 year run with one robot seams like an amazing run for me. I can barely keep at it for 6 months. Sweet looking droid. What is next for you?

DB

I think my next robot will be a platform to kill wasps. I am just frigging tired of them and I am a big coward, so getting stung is not what I have in mind to enjoy my day. Looks like the perfect task for a robot.

I have a few ideas on how to accomplish this. The one I am working at the moment is simply a two motor platform moving a vacuum cleaner around as to suck the wasps inside. Hopefully this will kill them as they are pulled into the big belly. I have had other ideas such as electrocuting them with a high voltage grid. Either way, it should be better than exposing me to the big buzz.

But to be honest, ever since I posted the videos on R2Builders yahoo groups, I have had a lot of responses of people asking me to rebuild R2. So this is an option I was not contemplating before, but am now. Will see...

Thanks for your compliments!
    Check out my Open Source electronic designs at www.avayanelectronics.com

Pretty cool R2 unit, there's been a local get together for building them among several other types of movie robots.

About a wasp killing robot, here's one from a while back, Freddy the Exterminator. Not a lot of details but you get the idea.

Thread Information