Thread: Kondo for Mech?

1. Kondo for Mech?

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time member/poster. I'm curious if anyone has used the Kondo KHR-2HV kit as a baseline for their mech? It looks like a lot of members are using the Bioloid or Hexapod kits for mechs. Any paticular reason why the Kondo hasn't been used?

Thanks in advance!

Images

Re: Kondo for Mech?

I think it comes down to concerns about payload, as well as the fact that I don't think anyone with a kondo has tried it yet. Concerns would be the normal ones, payload and battery life.

Good luck.

Db

3. Re: Kondo for Mech?

Thanks for the quick reply,

By chance has any done an analysis on which kit holds up the best? It "seems" to me the kondo is a bit more advanced in capability coming out of the box.
    Prae

Images

Re: Kondo for Mech?

You have to remember that unlike most humanoid based competitions, mech warfare requires a higher payload capacity. The ability of the robot to do certain things means nothing if it cant even walk when fully load with a weapons systems, scoring system, and camera. It would be interesting to see how a kondo would do. Probably the main reason that bioloid systems are being used is the ability to create various configerations and test leg designs. Also it seems (especially for bipeds) that the more DOF in a leg, the less efficient it is and the mech becomes more susceptible to heat related failure.
    That doesn't mean that someone shouldn't try using a kondo. They only way this competition is going to work is if people are willing to step up and try new things, even if it means they might waste a little money. All though you can't really call it a waste. More like an expensive learning experience.

Thread Information