Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humanoids for Hobbyists Facebook group

1. Humanoids for Hobbyists Facebook group

I recently started a Facebook group for all those who are interested in humanoids on the hobbyist level. Check it out: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=105154078262

Re: Humanoids for Hobbyists Facebook group

Or better yet - participate on http://forums.trossenrobotics.com ! Welcome to the forum!
    I Void Warranties´┐Ż

3. Re: Humanoids for Hobbyists Facebook group

I've been here a couple times, and yes I agree this is a very nice robotics environment. It is just my intention to make information on humanoids more available to all people. I do have a link to the contest you hold here, and I might post a link to the forums as well, but my current intention is to be open minded to those who are interested in humanoids but exist in other groups on the web as well.

Just for the sake of discussion - who is excluded from the site here? "more available to all people" would suggest that somehow TR has managed to exclude someone? I know I don't want it to feel that way - or fix something if it has. Last thing we all want is to be "exclusive"! Again, though, welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by Adrenalynn; 08-01-2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Clarified the question a bit.
    I Void Warranties´┐Ż

5. Re: Humanoids for Hobbyists Facebook group

Exclude someone? Hardly! What I am referring to is the fact that there are many other robotics forums and websites out there other than Trossen Robotics. One example would be the Parallax community. There are people I know on those forums that are humanoid enthusiasts that aren't part of the TRC. By having a group on Facebook I hope to find humanoid enthusiasts that visit Facebook and give them a portal through which they can find other websites and robotics communities such as Trossen Robotics, as well as allow discussions to go on there for those who would rather talk about humanoids on Facebook than a forum.

Images

I think the point here is that Facebook has a much wider general audience, and would be able to reach people who would otherwise not know they were out there, etc. No harm done =)

7. Re: Humanoids for Hobbyists Facebook group

Thanks Tyberius, you just made explaining a whole lot easier.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalynn View Post
    Just for the sake of discussion - who is excluded from the site here? "more available to all people" would suggest that somehow TR has managed to exclude someone? I know I don't want it to feel that way - or fix something if it has. Last thing we all want is to be "exclusive"! Again, though, welcome to the forum!
    I've noticed you do this before, the whole "Just for the sake of discussion" thing. I'm all sorts of gung-ho for Trossen but...
    I don't know what I'm doing but I like it. - NB

Images

Let's not start a debate over what is exclusive and what's not exclusive.

TR, Robosavvy, and Lynxmotion are places that I go to. I'm a bipedal fan, so I'm prejudiced towards these forums.

As for parallax, I haven't joined their forum, maybe I should, since I am curious about their Propeller and their GPS module.

Facebook is great, but I think many non-techies out there would appreciate the stuff, but not necessarily participate in it...

My little bro loves this stuff, but he isn't really interested in participating in it.

But getting any exposure of robotics are great. I think it's especially great for kids who are considering the "exciting" world of Science and Engineering.

EDIT:
    -----

Perhaps you can put some shameless plugs in your Facebook page for TR, Robosavvy, and Lynxmotion? I'm sure the awesome teams behind these great sites would appreciate it!
    ---
    Sleep? You don't need sleep...

---

10. Re: Humanoids for Hobbyists Facebook group

Perhaps you can put some shameless plugs in your Facebook page for TR, Robosavvy, and Lynxmotion? I'm sure the awesome teams behind these great sites would appreciate it!
    I will do that tomorrow. If there is anything else as well, just tell me. As for the Parallax Forums, It really is a great place and there is a far greater amount of participation and help in their forums than there is here.

Thread Information