Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lynxmotion SES Biped with Hip Rotate Rev. D

Images

Lynxmotion SES Biped with Hip Rotate Rev. D

Here's some artwork of a biped using the SES from Lynxmotion. Any comments and critique would be appreciated

The section in front of the chest is for mounting batteries. Although mounting it on the hips might provide better COG...

There is choice for a hand, the servos at the tip of the arms should be mounted with a PSH-01, but I didn't have the model for it...
    ---
    Sleep? You don't need sleep...

---

Images

Re: Lynxmotion SES Biped with Hip Rotate Rev. D

I really hope this is intended for Mech Wars

Looks great man, a bit tall I'd say so you might have a few issues with COG, but I like em big.

Images

Thanks Tyberius, I haven't really thought of using this for mechwars, but I think for that, the biped scouts would be better suited for it... Biped scouts have better COG then the humanoids due to the reverse knee stance, and besides, it already looks half way to being a mad dog or a mad cat!

This was just a "what if" kinda of a way to use 18 strong servos. I recently bought 18 5990TGs and trying to figure out whether I want to put it to use on a humanoid or a hexapod (a super buffed out hexapod )

Not sure if I want to apply it to a humanoid, my Bioloid will most likely get neglected if I do, but on the other hand, 5990TGs for a hexapod is a bit of overkill, unless if I plan to mount some airsof BB tank turret on top... hmm...
    ---

---

Images

Very cool, looks awesome.

Images

Wow Tom! Incredible work Have you considered an extra degree in the arms for the wrist?

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

How does not supporting the outsides of those leg servos work out? Not being critical, but rather curious. It seems like when the weight is not straight up and down that those servo shafts are supporting a lot of torque.
    I Void Warranties�

Images

Quote Originally Posted by tom_chang79 View Post
    Thanks Tyberius, I haven't really thought of using this for mechwars, but I think for that, the biped scouts would be better suited for it... Biped scouts have better COG then the humanoids due to the reverse knee stance, and besides, it already looks half way to being a mad dog or a mad cat!

This was just a "what if" kinda of a way to use 18 strong servos. I recently bought 18 5990TGs and trying to figure out whether I want to put it to use on a humanoid or a hexapod (a super buffed out hexapod )

Not sure if I want to apply it to a humanoid, my Bioloid will most likely get neglected if I do, but on the other hand, 5990TGs for a hexapod is a bit of overkill, unless if I plan to mount some airsof BB tank turret on top... hmm...
    I think they'd be overkill for a hexapod... this would make one hell of an Atlas though

I say use the 5990s for the humanoid

/jealousy @ 18x 5990s

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalynn View Post
    How does not supporting the outsides of those leg servos work out? Not being critical, but rather curious. It seems like when the weight is not straight up and down that those servo shafts are supporting a lot of torque.
    Do you mean for all the servos that are connected to the ASB-04s and the C-brackets? Well, the 5990s comes with a hinged back casing, and the new ASB-04s have an enlarged holes to support this. For the current ASB-04s, you just ream out the hole in the back...
    ---

---

Images

Chants: "ATLAS, ATLAS, ATLAS!"

I was thinking of the areas I've circled. If the 'bot leans one direction or another, the entire weight of the robot ends-up on effectively a single shaft, near as I can tell...
    I Void Warranties�

Thread Information