Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hexapod SSC-32 connecting to Lynxterminal

1. Re: Hexapod SSC-32 connecting to Lynxterminal

Oh, sorry I wasnt clear. Since I am using this USB adapter UC232R-10. I meant that I checked in the control panel of my computer to see where the USB adapter was installed. The computer reads the adapter as installed in Com port 6. Also the Lynxterm is set to com port 6. Is there some sort of trouble shooting information for connecting a computer to one of these boards?

2. Re: Hexapod SSC-32 connecting to Lynxterminal

Oh, Sorry I wasnt clear. Since I am using this UC232R-10 USB adapter I checked the computers control panel. The USB was installed on COM port 6. Also the Lynxterm is set to Com port 6. Is there some kind of troubleshooting information for connecting to this board?

Re: Hexapod SSC-32 connecting to Lynxterminal

Is your serial cable straight through (or are you connecting directly to your USB dongle?)

I think I've been forced to us a usb/rs232 dongle maybe twice in my life. I avoid it like the plague.

When you send a command to the SSC32 does the led on the board go out?
    I Void Warranties�

4. Re: Hexapod SSC-32 connecting to Lynxterminal

Yes, I have this dongle. This is the one Lynxterm recommends too. When I send the "ver" nothing happens, the light stays on. Is there another USB connecter that connects straight through?

Naw, it's an RS232 and TTL-level device, not a USB device. I just don't use USB dongles, I use real UART cards...

If you take a piece of solid wire and jump pins 2 and 3 on the serial port connector (db9) on the usb dongle itself, then type something in the terminal, do you see it echo'd back? [Testing the functionality of your dongle here]
    I Void Warranties�

6. Re: Hexapod SSC-32 connecting to Lynxterminal

Ok interesting..

You can actually buy a device to do just that. It's called a "loopback plug". And all it really does is tie transmit and receive together (pins 2 and 3)
    I Void Warranties�

8. Re: Hexapod SSC-32 connecting to Lynxterminal

Ok so I uploaded some pictures.

1) Tried jumpering pins 2 and 3 to dongle (picture 1) . No response. Lynxterm would not recieve any input from keyboard.

2) With dongle and serial port connecter (picture 2). Lynxterm displays #OP1180S5000 and will accept keyboard input "ver".

Still no response to this command
    Last edited by explojr; 10-09-2009 at 11:58 PM.

9. Re: Hexapod SSC-32 connecting to Lynxterminal

Ok so I uploaded some pictures.

1) Tried jumpering pins 2 and 3 to dongle (picture 1) . No response. Lynxterm would not recieve any input from keyboard.

2) With dongle and serial port connecter (picture 2). Lynxterm displays #OP1180S5000 and will accept keyboard input "ver"(pic3).

Still no response to this command

Sorry - I actually meant jump pin 2 from the dongle to pin 3 on the dongle. Looping transmit to receive. Then anything you type in the terminal should be echo'd. In that case, the SSC32 isn't even involved - we're testing the dongle.
    I Void Warranties�

Thread Information