Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dynamixel lighting?

Dynamixel lighting?

I have a dynamixel AX-12+ that sometimes doesn't move where I tell it to. It will just stop and the CM-5's TXD button and the light on the dynamixel will light. This happens even in the demo examples. Please help! Is there a way to fix this problem? Have others had this problem?

Re: Dynamixel lighting?

You did not supply enough information.

Which AX-12 is causing the problem? ID #
    Are you building a one of the Bioloid robots? If so, which one.
    What is the name of the Demo example that you're trying to execute?
    Are you using the robot terminal, behavior programmer, or motion editor?

When an AX-12 LED lights, it's usually an alarm indicator. Have you modified the AX-12 control table in any way?

Have you tried to reset the AX-12? If you reset the AX-12 did you remember to set the ID back to the original ID?

Images

Most often these are wire problems. Replace the wire to that servo.

Sorry for not supplying enough info.

The AX-12+ in question is ID# 15, but the servo right after it in the daisy chain configuration also somethimes has problems. That ID# is 17.

I am using the King Spider with the demo example from the book. So I am using the Behavior Control Program and the Motion Editor.

I have not edited the AX-12+ control table in the least or reset them. (To be honest I have been kindof nervous to. I don't really have enough experiance.)

I tried fixing the wire by replacing them but that didn't seem to help.

Images

If you hook up the individual servo to the CM-5 in manage mode, and try moving it via the Dynamixel manager, does that work?

Andrew is right you should use manage mode to checkout what going on with the AX-12 but I leave the chain intact. When the LED lights you'll want to dump ID 15. That will show you all the register values. You might also try to "Ping" 15 as that should return any error codes due to out-of-whack voltage or torque.

I am slightly confused. What do you mean by the "Dynamixal Manager?" I disassembled the Spider and tried the AX-12+'s seperatly and they worked great. I Thought that it was maybe my consruction. So now I built the Humanoid and am having some of the same issues. Except this time the one lighting up is ID 14!

I an not really sure on how to use the Robot Terminal and when given all of the info on it for the AX-12's I don't know what there supposed to be and how to correct them.

Thank you all!

I'm in real trouble now! I was reading through the Robot Terminal directions in the manuel. I saw the reset command so I reset the AX-12's that were having problems, and now I can't run any programs without getting tons of error messages.

Images

I think the reset command resets the ID #. So the CM-5 thinks there are several devices on the serial bus with the same ID #...

At this point your probably going to have to take the bot apart, and set each ID # manually. Sorry for the bad news.

DB

Also, I think some of the problem might be the overheat issue. If you hold an AX-12 in a stress position for too long it goes into thermal shutdown.

DB

That may be due to them all now having an ID of 1 after the reset? I don't think the bus likes that. Try hooking up each individually and set the ID to the appropriate value using the Dynamixel Configurator program.

EDIT: Lol, looks like DB and I posted at the same moment.

Thread Information