Thread: Robotis RX 64 - maximum Axle loading???

1. Robotis RX 64 - maximum Axle loading???

Hi All,

I'am building a hinge joint around a Robotis RX 64 Actuator and was wondering if anyone knew or has heard of the maximum axle load they can take with out any damage???

Just a precuation as I'm looking at running the motor shafts through a hollow bolt which will take all of the weight of the joint, but thought I may not need to if this motor can handle axle loading of around 50kgs????? that's around 111lbs??????

Thanks

2. Re: Robotis RX 64 - maximum Axle loading???

Im guessing u mean holding torgue, wich u can see in this datatable thingy

Weight 4.1oz. (116g)
    Gear Ratio 1/200
    Motor Maxon
    Input Voltage 15V / 18V
    Max Holding Torque 735.6 oz-in 53 kg-cm / 888.3 oz-in 64 kg-cm
    Sec/60degree 0.198 / 0.162

(edit; the table broke upon save, so made it text, the last 3 things have 2 values, one for 15v and the other for 18v)
    Last edited by Suicidal.Banana; 12-03-2009 at 05:13 AM. Reason: ay, where did the table go

Re: Robotis RX 64 - maximum Axle loading???

No. He asked for axle loading, not torque. Entirely different animals.
    I Void Warranties´┐Ż

Images

I don't know if an actual axle load is published... but I'd suspect that the max axle load is FAR less than 50kg. (sure, you might be able to do 50kg, but for how long?)

I have a feeling that no-one here is going to be able to tell you, you might directly contact robotis.

-Fergs
    Last edited by lnxfergy; 12-03-2009 at 11:56 AM.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jman26 View Post
    Hi All,

I'am building a hinge joint around a Robotis RX 64 Actuator and was wondering if anyone knew or has heard of the maximum axle load they can take with out any damage???

Just a precuation as I'm looking at running the motor shafts through a hollow bolt which will take all of the weight of the joint, but thought I may not need to if this motor can handle axle loading of around 50kgs????? that's around 111lbs??????

Thanks
    They are not intended to support much weight, I doubt even Robotis has published such specs because they don't want people doing it, damaging the servos, and creating RMAs. If you have a solution to offload the weight from the shaft, I suggest you do so. Otherwise look into the use of thrust bearings, but even then I doubt they'd help with anything near 50kg.

6. Re: Robotis RX 64 - maximum Axle loading???

Thanks for the posts,

yeah thought so just checking. I'll drill a 4mm hole through my 10mm bolt then run the motor shaft through that.

Thanks again guys..... P.s. anyone know where to get a CM2 controller???? not a CM2+ though.

Jman

Thread Information