Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting PCB made

Getting PCB made

Who is the best online service for getting PCBs made?

Re: Getting PCB made

Download Eagle Cad.
    http://www.cadsoft.de/

This will give you gerber files that you can use at several places.

Sparkfun forum has a section on pcb. And they use batch PCB cheap but takes time. Best deal for a sigle board.

If you need a few boards use Golden Phoneix. Havnt used them but am making a design/order in a day or two. I have heard its a good service as well. If you need them sooner advanced circuits but your going to pay. The other two come from china and charge something like 2 bucks per square inch.

ExpressPCB is quick 3 boards 50 bucks but you cant take your files to antoher house. They use there own software and getting gerbers is not easy as I think youll have to pay.

Paul

I downloaded the files from a web site there in a zip folder.

But im not sure which ones to use.

Since this is my first board i dont know what files they need.

Who has the best Customer service that can walk me throught what to do?

Thanks

Images

If you're shipping to a University address, Advanced Circuits has a student discount, by which you can get a single board using their $33 each promo (without student discount you have to order at least 3 boards). Probably would be about the same cost as BatchPCB, but turnaround in 2wks rather than a month. I haven't used Advanced in quite some time though, as I now send everything through Gold Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by jdolecki View Post
    Who has the best Customer service that can walk me throught what to do?
    Sparkfun has a series of tutorials on their site about using Eagle, and exporting gerbers. They also have a sample CAM job for Eagle that will generate correct gerbers for BatchPCB (and Gold Phoenix, since Batch just puts a pile together and sends it out to GP). I believe Batch also has the little bot-program that will check for massive errors in what you uploaded.

Other than that, most places don't have "customer service that walks you through it". The sheer fact they are willing to deal with sub-$500 PCB orders is a huge favor already.

-Fergs
    Last edited by lnxfergy; 01-26-2010 at 08:19 AM.

I was thinking of trying these guys..

http://www.futurlec.com/PCBService.shtml

Looks like you can make it under $20 shipped for a small single-sided, no stencil board.

Images

I can vouch for Gold Phoenix. We use them for complete circuit manufacturing as well as just PCB manufacturing, insanely competitive pricing and the people I have dealt with are very professional and friendly. Their main sales contact is a guy named Shane out of Canada, speaks solid english.

Their 'special' for $99 per 1000 CM sq shipped via priority fedex is an insanely good deal.

http://www.goldphoenixpcb.biz/special_price.php
    Last edited by DresnerRobotics; 01-26-2010 at 11:48 AM.

Images

I used Advanced circuits very recently and I was very happy with the service. Shipped two days earlier than what they had promised, the board was very nice. I did ship to a University and got the great deal.

And to know what you are supposed to do, just do what lnxfergy said. Read the tutorials on Sparkfun. They have one on how to export gerber files for PCB makers.

Sam

Pcbexpress.com

The problem with PCB Express is that you HAVE to use their software. Their software cannot import from common formats, like netlists or Gerbers. Similarly, their software also cannot export to other formats.

I've used iteadstudio.com before. It's $25 for 8 copies of a 10x10 cm board, and another $25 if you want it shipped DHL (or a lot less if you can wait two weeks for shipping.) $50 for 8 copies with a week turn-around is pretty good :-) You can also get a 5x5 cm board, 10 copies, for $10 -- again, plus shipping.

Images

I've been pleased with BatchPCB and AdvancedCircuit's BareBones PCB, but for the last while I've been using DorkbotPDX's PCB service. Nice RoHS boards with purple soldermask and white silkscreen on both sides. Three 2-layer boards in about 2 weeks (been filling panels 2-3 times a week) at $5 per in^2, or three 4-layer boards with slightly larger lead times (takes longer to fill a panel) at $10 per in^2. They are also testing out a large-order service (min. 100 in^2) and recently added a website interface if you don't want to just send the board files in an email.
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    "You have failed me, Brain!"
    bleh

Thread Information