Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: build my own basic atom pro 28 carrier board

1. Red face build my own basic atom pro 28 carrier board

anyone know how to start to build our own basic atom pro 28 carrier board ??
    without using Bot-board ll
    i owned a bot-board ll
    but i wanna learn more... anyone can help me??? please
    i need to build my own carrier board for Basic atom pro 28... thanks...

Re: build my own basic atom pro 28 carrier board

Take a look at the manual. Has everyhting you need to build your own.
    Its over at Lynxmotion's website.

3. Re: build my own basic atom pro 28 carrier board

sorry... u mean Bot Board II Manual or.....?? actually.. its still hard for me to construct by just referring the manual.. im just an amatuer and a beginner.. these thing is still new for me... sorry for that or u got any simple circuit diagram for running a BAP-28?? thanks for ur help...

Images

Really the only resources available are going to be the Basic Atom Pro manual, and the Bot Board Manual. Usually creating a carrier board from scratch isn't something I would recommend to a complete novice; it's a task suited for someone with at least some EE experience. That said, with something like the Basic Atom it is pretty simple as not much for supporting components are required. Creating PCB, laying out traces, etc, isn't exactly cut and dry for a beginner.

If it's a matter of wanting to learn more, you might want to start smaller. There is a lot of information out there on how to build an open source Arduino, that way you can start with an inexpensive Atmega chip + a breadboard and build your own interface board around that. More documentation and info available on it, and a bit more 'ground up' learning experience.

5. Re: build my own basic atom pro 28 carrier board

okok... i know now.... thanks... thanks for the help from u all... i appreciate it..really.. but if let say i still insist to build the carrier for BAP-28 ( for certain reason ) ... so the only way is just from bot board II manual and BAP-28 manual... am i right??? thanks again...

Basically you would build your board around the Basic Atom Pro. Baico Micro's website gives details on there chip. Then you start desgining to the spec's of the Basic Atom Pro. This goes for all Controllers/Processors. Manufactures sights have tons of info and examples usually.

7. Re: build my own basic atom pro 28 carrier board

thanks.. thanks.. i will try it out...

The basic atom 28 is pin compatible with the Parallax Basic Stamp. Parallax publishes their board schematics. Here's the BOE, board of education, http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/prod/boards/BOERevC.pdf

There's not much to it really. Wire up a serial port and add power.

I would start with a protoboard, a few capacitors, and a DB9 connector. Take small steps and add components that make your robot happy. You'll end up with a working model that can be converted to the board of your robot dreams.

Edit: I just opened the Atom 28 datasheet and there's a schematic in there with comprehensive PC interface instructions.
    http://www.basicmicro.com/downloads/...ic_atom_28.pdf
    Last edited by MikeG; 03-11-2010 at 07:45 PM.

9. Re: build my own basic atom pro 28 carrier board

thanks MikesG.... it helps a lot... thanks...

10. Re: build my own basic atom pro 28 carrier board

from the bot-board II circuit.... Vcc is supply to the pin-P12 and P15 which used for PS2 controller pin.... why??? why Vcc need to be supplied to the these two pin??? it wont spoil the microcontroller??

Thread Information