Thread: How do you get the guns needed for Mech Warefare?

1. How do you get the guns needed for Mech Warefare?

I'm building a small rover that I'm gonna use against my friends in our own little mech warefare thing. I just wanted to know ( and two of my friends as well ) what I would have to do to get one, or if i could, make one?

Re: How do you get the guns needed for Mech Warefare?

If you want the tank guns, go to toyeast.com and search for "barrel mechanism". Some people are stripping down cheap airsoft pistols.

Images

Re: How do you get the guns needed for Mech Warefare?

Yeah, there are two classes of guns really:

Tank Guns:
    Lightweight, 6-9V @ <1A motor, fire rate is about 1 shot per second, originally intended for RC tanks. You can find them from toyseast.com, or matotoys.com (I believe mato only sells the gearbox, you'll need to add your own barrel). Wires are already exposed, just wire it into your motor driver. Cost: $5-20

Defender:
    These are handheld guns, with a battery powered trigger. Signifigantly heavier than a tank gun (don't plan to put it on a biped, unless it's Giger), but rate of fire is probably 3-5 shots per second. They are less prone to jamming. Can be found at most Walmarts or sporting goods stores. Will require a serious amount of hacking, as you'll want to remove the handles/trigger, and wire into the motor with your own driver. Cost: ~$25.

-Fergs

Thread Information