Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Biayered-X

Images

Re: Biayered-X

Ok, so the code works, but I think I might have messed things up.

So I tested out the code, and then decided I wanted to work on poses.

So I went into arduino and tried to upload Pypose.

I forgot to pull the xbee though, so nothing was uploaded.

Now I can't seam to upload anything. Did I brick my arbotix?

When I click upload the PC looks like it compiles the file, then it just sits there. No lights flash.

If I restart my computer I can still send data out the serial port. If I don't restart the computer returns a message that the serial port is in use.

DB
    Last edited by darkback2; 08-19-2010 at 01:20 AM.

Images

I think the school year is catching up with me. that and a serious lack of funds which is driving me to make do with what I have and really take time to rework old projects.

When I first built this robot I remember thinking that i might have found "the one", a long term project that I could be happy working on forever and ever, then saw the PLM stuff and started running down the Hikari road and it was all toast and gravy from then on. But I have only managed to take Hikari so far.

Going back to work on X was almost exciting. I managed to rethink the body moving the battery and arbotix to the inside. The rework also makes the hips sit closer together which helps to close the gap between the legs which makes upright walking more possible. There is still a weight issue. 24 servos with all the accompanying brackets weigh quite a bit for AX-12s.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130524_225334_1.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	4757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130524_225320_1.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	4758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130524_225308_1.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	4759

Next steps are to add a camera on a tilt servo setup. I'm hoping I can have the camera tilt down when the robot is crawling and then lift up when the robot is standing.

DB
    Last edited by darkback2; 05-25-2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: adding video

Images

Looking good DB!

I really like the standing up sequence.

Keep up the good work!

Images

Thanks Kam. I think making the few changes I have has sort of made me "refall" in love with this bot. Now to add a doll head to bring it all together.

A cartwheeling robot :-)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by darkback2 View Post
    Thanks Kam. I think making the few changes I have has sort of made me "refall" in love with this bot. Now to add a doll head to bring it all together.
    Why not four doll heads?!

Images

Yeah.. there ya go.. 4 heads.. really freak Andrew out..

Bwaaahaahaaa

Looking good there DB

Gary
    Team Maggot---Mechs. "Bheka" (retired), "Maggot Mk.3(A)"
    " Keep your stick on the ice ".... Red Green

Images

Just did a battery test...X lasts a little over 6 minutes before he starts tipping over in humanoid mode. At that point he can still crawl around pretty well, though the pose based crawling is laughable when compared to my nuke based quad which crawls all over the place like it is no big deal... Then again it was a good seriously active 6 minutes with a lot of standing up and getting back down again. X's servos are closest to stall during the get up sequence so it all makes sense. I'm also trying to work out an IK solution for this guy...The good news is only 3DOF matter in crawling mode. In standing mode 5 matter, but I can eliminate the need to worry about least one if I always assume the feet are parallel to the ground.

DB

Images

Ok...so I think I'm going to break down and look for help on this one. I want to come up with a way to do an IK solution for X in Crawl mode. I know it won't be optimal, but when he is crawling only 12 of the 25 servos matter. I was thinking about reassigning all of the servo values, tricking Nuke into thinking there were only 12 servos present and creating a NUKE based sketch which I would then edit so that it worked with X. Then I figured I already have a quad running NUKE so maybe I could just come up with a way to combine the two sketches. at least that is my plan...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130524_225320_1.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	4945 This is a picture of X in Crawl Mode. Currently he uses 3DOF per leg ignoring the other ones which just stay at 512. Each leg is valued in order starting with the front robot right leg being 1-6 so for example the first leg I would only worry about 1, 2 and 4. All the other servos would stay at 512.

Haven't tried this yet, I figure I'll play with it tonight. Can anyone think of an obvious reason why this wouldn't work?

DB

So how did you go? I used that technique and it worked ok Sorry for not posting earlier - im travelling so cant log in much.

Thread Information