Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arena Networking/Robot Communication

Re: Arena Networking/Robot Communication

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberius View Post
    You'll want to use the microcontroller's UART (Universal Asynchronous receiver/transmitter), which indeed has a TX and RX line that can be connected to an Xbee.
    I do not think the microcontroller I was planning on using has a UART. Is there a recommended or required microcontroller for the competition?

Images

Re: Arena Networking/Robot Communication

Quote Originally Posted by Robonaut View Post
    I think you guys did a great job. I hope you got some rest because with all the feed back and energy still floating around it is easy to see Mech Warfare 2010 has not ended. Again thank you for the time that your still putting into it to help bring Mech Warfare to it's next level. It is just awesome to see.

Having wanted so bad to be there myself I can't help but offer up some of my thoughts. So please don't take my idea as anything but wanting to be a part of something that is just way cool. When it comes down to it if I was able to have made it there I would not have cared less if you used flypaper to have made the arena. Although the mechs may have found them selves in a sticky situation more then once. DOH!

To address a few issues talked about and in sight of a new arena design being talked about. This is what folks saw to draw them over to Mech WarFare.

Here are a few conceptual images.

This would be the outside

This would be the inside.

I priced out some hardboard witch cost about $7.00 for a 4' x 8' sheet. With the right framing I believe the cost could be kept down and the facades could be kept fairly modular. I was thinking it could also serve to help make the arena hard core approvable. Tyberius would probable know best. With the talk of shielding I was also thinking it would apply nicely to this stuff and be hidden in between the inside and outside panels. Also a cross support for the targeting sensor could be attached.

If the frame for the present arena were made more rigid I'm sure the tent could even have the imaging applied to it. I'm thinking hardcore would not be an option.

Some life sized mech cut outs may attract some attention also. I think the sponsors would also like seeing the signage for their logo's.

There are a few options for getting the art work on there. Printed, airbrushed or maybe a combination of both. But anyway something to think about. And yes I would love to help with this.

I'm sure this is not a new idea, but if nothing else hopefully the these images can help to inspire the many thoughts of Mech Warefare 2011.
    Wow, just wow

What scale buildings are you using?

SA

3. Re: Arena Networking/Robot Communication

Quote Originally Posted by SteamAutomaton View Post
    Wow, just wow

What scale buildings are you using?

SA
    Those are just images I grabbed off line. They are all just randomly scaled to convey an idea. As to what scale they should be I think I remember being told that the buildings that Fon Davis made for the event were made to 1/24 scale. WOW is how I would describe his work. He is beyond talented, he is the state of the art.

Thread Information