//PROJECT POSTPONED//(Scrapping for biped design, will rebuild Hildolfr in the future)
//Front Legs: 100%
//Body: 25% Working on Turret
//Rear Legs: 100%
//Program: 11% Halted for construction
Ok so this is me posting to motivate myself...(oh yes and I'm new so...hello!)
My project is a "Gundam Igloo" inspired mobile artillery, called the Hildolfr.
Norse for son of Odin, "war wolf".
Note:[I will be updating pics on 1st post and videos in new posts]
List of things I've bought:
8 Tower Pro SG90 servos 4 for $10 (think I'll be needing more)
4 Tower Pro MG955 servos 4 for $30 (not as bad as everyone says they are)
4 Tamiya universal gearboxes w/motor $8 ea. (Need 2 more of that too)
2 40 pin PIC16F887 microcontrollers $4 ea.
4 Tamiya track and wheel sets $8 ea. (I think I created a fetish for tank tracks)
40 transistors $4 (making H-Bridges for reversing polarity on the motors)
Dremel $20 (Most awesome thing ever)
Brazer Torch $16 (this is fun)
Programmer (pickit2 clone): $18 http://www.piccircuit.com/pic-progra...rogrammer.html
Battery: NiMh 7.2v 3800mAH $20
Battery Charger $21
4 Hyper Dash 2 Motors $5 ea.
Accelerometer/Tilt Sensor $4
Reason I've a lack of supplies is the original project was intended to be a Siegetank (4 tracks) from Starcraft.
With the direction changed to the Hildolfr (6 tracks), I need a restock.
Ok so I am going back to the idea of 4 tracks for an armored core style mech. (yea I have commitment issues)
Things I'm buying this month:
More plastics (I ran out of laundry hamper lids...)
I have been and will be programing via C++ on the PIC microcontrollers.
Let me tell you, learning how to make the servos move is a #!(*@^*(&%!(>' ')>!
So...I'm an electrical engineering student...enough said.
Any good pointers on.....mechanical stuff...would be cool
My Hildolfr will have two modes:
A. Tank mode
B. Mobile Weapon mode
- Turret travse restricted to some degree
- Fastest movement on approximatively level terrain
- Lowest profle (good for hiding/deflection)
Future Implementation List(Means I need to research more before I even start on these):
- Turret restrictions released
- Tank track sections spread out for use as legs (this is gonna be fun to program)
- Safest movement on insanely rough terrain
- Higher Profile (better undercarriage clearance and good for shooting over hills!)
- Sound (I'm all for the theatrics)
- Railgun (airsoft alternative too for mech-warfare)
- Sensors for autonomous turret tracking (yea I'm a bit lazy to aim and drive at the same time)
Pics: (You can tell I'm and artist no?)
- Torque/Weight Tolerance
My Programmer's HERE!!!! (little yellow thing connected to my laptop)
I'm so excited!
My robot just hanging. Also that white thingy with cutouts is the laundry hamper lid I used to make my parts :P