//PROJECT POSTPONED//(Scrapping for biped design, will rebuild Hildolfr in the future)
//Front Legs: 100%
//Body: 25% Working on Turret
//Rear Legs: 100%
//Program: 11% Halted for construction
Ok so this is me posting to motivate myself...(oh yes and I'm new so...hello!)
My project is a "Gundam Igloo" inspired mobile artillery, called the Hildolfr.
Norse for son of Odin, "war wolf".
Note:[I will be updating pics on 1st post and videos in new posts]
List of things I've bought:
8 Tower Pro SG90 servos 4 for $10 (think I'll be needing more)
4 Tower Pro MG955 servos 4 for $30 (not as bad as everyone says they are)
4 Tamiya universal gearboxes w/motor $8 ea. (Need 2 more of that too)
2 40 pin PIC16F887 microcontrollers $4 ea.
4 Tamiya track and wheel sets $8 ea. (I think I created a fetish for tank tracks)
40 transistors $4 (making H-Bridges for reversing polarity on the motors)
Dremel $20 (Most awesome thing ever)
Brazer Torch $16 (this is fun)
Programmer (pickit2 clone): $18 http://www.piccircuit.com/pic-progra...rogrammer.html
Battery: NiMh 7.2v 3800mAH $20
Battery Charger $21
4 Hyper Dash 2 Motors $5 ea.
Accelerometer/Tilt Sensor $4
Reason I've a lack of supplies is the original project was intended to be a Siegetank (4 tracks) from Starcraft.
With the direction changed to the Hildolfr (6 tracks), I need a restock.
Ok so I am going back to the idea of 4 tracks for an armored core style mech. (yea I have commitment issues)
Things I'm buying this month:
More plastics (I ran out of laundry hamper lids...)
I have been and will be programing via C++ on the PIC microcontrollers.
Let me tell you, learning how to make the servos move is a #!(*@^*(&%!(>' ')>!
So...I'm an electrical engineering student...enough said.
Any good pointers on.....mechanical stuff...would be cool
My Hildolfr will have two modes:
A. Tank mode
B. Mobile Weapon mode
- Turret travse restricted to some degree
- Fastest movement on approximatively level terrain
- Lowest profle (good for hiding/deflection)
- Turret restrictions released
- Tank track sections spread out for use as legs (this is gonna be fun to program)
- Safest movement on insanely rough terrain
- Higher Profile (better undercarriage clearance and good for shooting over hills!)
Future Implementation List(Means I need to research more before I even start on these):
- Sound (I'm all for the theatrics)
- Railgun (airsoft alternative too for mech-warfare)
- Sensors for autonomous turret tracking (yea I'm a bit lazy to aim and drive at the same time)
- Torque/Weight Tolerance
Pics: (You can tell I'm and artist no?)
My Programmer's HERE!!!! (little yellow thing connected to my laptop)
I'm so excited!
My robot just hanging. Also that white thingy with cutouts is the laundry hamper lid I used to make my parts :P