Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Re: Looking for a better IP camera? - Cisco Wireless-N Internet Home Monitoring Camera WVC80N

Re: Looking for a better IP camera? - Cisco Wireless-N Internet Home Monitoring Camera WVC80N

The dcs-930 looks like a great camera, but I couldn't find any information about powering it. Do you by any chance know what voltage it takes or how much current it draws? Thanks.

Images

Re: Looking for a better IP camera? - Cisco Wireless-N Internet Home Monitoring Camera WVC80N

The included power supply is 5V @ 1.2A and I'm not sure of the exact current draw, but 500mA should be more than sufficient. I power mine with a 7.4 900mAh 2s battery going through a castle creations switching regulator and get around 45 min run time. Also, the weight is 59 grams, case and all.
    Last edited by mannyr7; 02-20-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Thanks. So, would i need more than one battery for convenience at the competition? how long does that battery charge?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by byi View Post
    Thanks. So, would i need more than one battery for convenience at the competition? how long does that battery charge?
    I have an "El Cheapo" LiPo charger but mine takes about 1/2 hr to fully charge this particular battery. It uses very little power, but would be totally dependent on what type of robot you are carrying this on, number of servos and available power source.

ok. thanks for all the help.

Images

I'd really suggest that everyone have at least 2 sets of whatever batteries are needed on their robot -- especially if they think they might go all the way (time will be a bit more rushed towards the end of the matches).

-Fergs

I just got the dcs-930l. i got it off trossen robotics in a kit that allows easy mounting to bioloid robots. In order to assemble the kit, I need to remove the metal stand attachment from the back. I noticed in the photos, that this was removed. How was that done?

Images

I just got the dcs-930l. i got it off trossen robotics in a kit that allows easy mounting to bioloid robots. In order to assemble the kit, I need to remove the metal stand attachment from the back. I noticed in the photos, that this was removed. How was that done?
    I actually tore the whole metal socket out trying to unscrew it. Tyberius wanna chime in here?

hmm... this is gunna be difficult. thanks for responding though.

Images

hmm... this is gunna be difficult. thanks for responding though.
    We were able to use some pliers to grab hold of the bolt, then simply unscrewed it (righty tighty, lefty loosy). I had Matt hold the camera and twist while I held the pliers firmly.

Let me know your results; not sure if Manny's trouble was a one-time thing or not. I could possibly build a lasercut enclosure for you guys as well, if all else fails.

Thread Information