Thread: How should I write an "AX-S1-like" program for querying CM-510 sensors?

Question How should I write an "AX-S1-like" program for querying CM-510 sensors?

I'm trying to read the new Bioloid Premium sensors from USB2dynamixel (or serial port with Toss mode). There are several ways...

But I think that the most interesting way would be writing a C program by which the CM-510 acts as another "dynamixel" device, answering the queries directed to him (ID 200, 0xC8). That is, using it like the "old" AX-S1 to get the sensors values.

It should be possible because there is a "monitor" command in the CM-510 firmware that show all packets sent/received from the usb2dynamixel. I have tried it but it doesn´t work .
    Last edited by siempre.aprendiendo; 05-23-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Re: How should I write an "AX-S1-like" program for querying CM-510 sensors?

It works!

Well, at least I have managed to create a toss mode program, and then it has been very simple to create a "device mode" for CM-510.

Now I will clean up the code and write the "answers" with the sensors values

Finally I have used the new Robotis libraries.
    Last edited by siempre.aprendiendo; 05-23-2010 at 05:12 PM.

Images

Post Re: How should I write an "AX-S1-like" program for querying CM-510 sensors?

Quote Originally Posted by siempre.aprendiendo View Post
    I'm trying to read the new Bioloid Premium sensors from USB2dynamixel (or serial port with Toss mode). There are several ways...

But I think that the most interesting way would be writing a C program by which the CM-510 acts as another "dynamixel" device, answering the queries directed to him (ID 200, 0xC8). That is, using it like the "old" AX-S1 to get the sensors values.

It should be possible because there is a "monitor" command in the CM-510 firmware that show all packets sent/received from the usb2dynamixel. I have tried it but it doesn´t work .
    I believe that CM-510 has a build-in AX-S1. The main difference being able to change sensors.

My $.02.

SA

Thread Information