Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Archer- Zenta's first biped

Images

Archer - an IK controlled biped

Hi,

I'll edit and update this first post due to the contest entry. (still in progress)

My main goal with this project was to make an 6 DOF biped fully controlled using Inverse Kinematics instead of using a set of sequences.

I've spent an hour of trying to make a "workshop video" :lol: My first take was just to long. But this one is about 10:23. At the end I'm demonstrating my work on my very first SES based biped. I'm using a new Atom Pro board from Basic Micro called ARC-32, you can find more information about it here.

Videos:

Workshop video part 1:

Introduction video:

Workshop video part 2:

Some pictures of the biped, codename "ICS" (Internal Cog Shifter). It doesn't look very good or impressive at the moment. Simply because I want the kinematics and walking to work before I start on the design.

The ARC-32 board are mounted on a slider. The main idea was to make it easier to shift the COG from one side to another without needing to translate the body to much. A closer picture of the slider part:

There are also some more pictures in the TRC gallery.

I'll update this thread when I've done some more progress.

-Zenta
    Last edited by Zenta; 09-25-2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Changed text due to contest entry

Re: Zenta's first biped

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

I've never seen biped IK like that before. Awesome work. I knew it was only a matter of time before you would work this out. I may actually build a biped now....

Images

Great work. I love how much life you are getting out of your bots. Now I see how you do it. I don't understand it mind you...but I see it.

I really like how you are using one controller for multiple robots, and ohiow much you are getting out of the controller.

great work.

DB

A fine brood of robots you have Zenta. I've always wondered how you managed to do so many simultaneous movements eg. in your A-pod videos. Now I know, that controller is ingenious. I'm looking forward to seeing how you apply the techniques from your other 'bots to the biped

5. Re: Zenta's first biped

Zenta, you continue to amaze me. Your robots are so inspiring. I did quickly realize that your remote was the other haft of what makes your robots so gracefully and look so alive. In fact your work has inspired me to focus more on a controller/editing system more than on my robot. I read the threads about your remote and how it was developed and built. I'm just plan impress with it and all the people that contributed to the current state of it. Kudo's to all of you.

I still have to read those threads more because some of it's content was over my head. I have gotten lost several times while trying to read them. My brain just goes numb when I try to get though them.

Mainly I do not have the in-depth understanding of engineering that you guys do. But I have done a lot of electronic assembly and some coding. Enough to make me think on a good day that I can actually make the remote/editing system that I envision.

One of the things I'm in the process of working out is using 2 potentiometers. I love how you added yours to joy sticks. That is just way cool. There just seems to be nothing about your work that isn't totally awesome. You only have haft a bi-ped and I'm already blown away by it.

Thanks for the video. It was good to see and hear you speak about your work.

Images

Thanks for your comments! I'm glad you found the video interesting despite for my bad english.

Quote Originally Posted by Robonaut View Post
    I did quickly realize that your remote was the other haft of what makes your robots so gracefully and look so alive. In fact your work has inspired me to focus more on a controller/editing system more than on my robot. I read the threads about your remote and how it was developed and built. I'm just plan impress with it and all the people that contributed to the current state of it. Kudo's to all of you.
    Yes, the remote controller is a very important part for making it easier to get better control of the robots. I would recommend that you just take your time trying to understand the work Jim, Kurt and Xan has done with the remote combined with the basic Phoenix code.

Quote Originally Posted by Robonaut View Post
    One of the things I'm in the process of working out is using 2 potentiometers. I love how you added yours to joy sticks. That is just way cool. There just seems to be nothing about your work that isn't totally awesome. You only have haft a bi-ped and I'm already blown away by it.

Thanks for the video. It was good to see and hear you speak about your work.
    Thanks! I find the extra potentiometer very useful for analog functions you need fast/easy access to. I believe there are still some improvements that can be done when it comes to the controller part, like having several function buttons closer to the joysticks for easier access (similar to what you have on the PS2 controller). I'll probably try to make a new version of the DIY remote, some day..

-Zenta

Really Nice. I cant wait to see some walking gaits.

Images

Hi,

Here is a little video of Archer just doing some simple walking. I've not implemented turning yet. This video is about a week old and I've done several improvements to both code and hardware since that. I'll post more info later.

The counter weight system is brilliant.

Awesome work.

Thread Information