Trossen XBee  Top Banner

Thread: How not to post.

1. How not to post.

Hi,

I want to build something that works like this:

Version A
    *There's a large flat force sensor connected to a small LED timer.

*The timer is connected to a small but strong vibrating unit. The timer can be set to any amount of time I want from 1 to whatever.

*When the timer reaches zero, the vibrating unit activates.

Version B
    Is the same as 'A', except this one connects to a computer via USB.

Question:

What parts do I need to do this project? A complete item list down to the necessary working materials in order construct it would be most helpful and appreciated
    Last edited by Tyberius; 06-15-2010 at 11:51 AM.

2. Re: Force sensor, LED timer, and vibration... can you help?

*crickets*

ini-bah-dee?

Images

Re: Force sensor, LED timer, and vibration... can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by i-kickbot View Post
    *crickets*

ini-bah-dee?
    Generally, posts that don't show much research into the question go unanswered. Most of the time when someone asks for "A complete item list down to the necessary working materials in order construct it"... you won't get much back.

You might take a look at using an Arduino and an Force Sensing Resistor (FSR).

-Fergs

4. Trossen Dynamixel High Thread Banner
  5. Re: Force sensor, LED timer, and vibration... can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by lnxfergy View Post
    Generally, posts that don't show much research into the question go unanswered. Most of the time when someone asks for "A complete item list down to the necessary working materials in order construct it"... you won't get much back.

You might take a look at using an Arduino and an Force Sensing Resistor (FSR).

-Fergs
    Hmmmmmm... I can't say that makes sense though, because I'd think recommendations on parts--especially for simple projects like the one I described--would be right up the alley of people who deal with them every day and know exactly which ones a person would need and where to get them... however, I do find that these types of fields (programming and the like as well) tend to attract the socially awkward and/or socially inept... so the customs, general way of looking at questions and approach to responding to them within these communities (typically with unnecessary sarcasm or an outright lack of civility), is often a reflection of that.

Anyway, thanks.

Goodbye to all

Images

Are you for real with this response?

You have not shown in any way shape or form what you have researched or even started to work on this project. For all we know this is a typical 'do my homework' request seen very often in software related communities.

Everyone is busy with their own projects and working from top to bottom to provide you with a full solution is probably not in anyone interest.

Now, if you were to come back with specific questions on something that you have tried most people would be more then happy to help.

Gheppetto Guest

Quote Originally Posted by i-kickbot View Post
    Hmmmmmm... I can't say that makes sense though, because I'd think recommendations on parts--especially for simple projects like the one I described--would be right up the alley of people who deal with them every day and know exactly which ones a person would need and where to get them... however, I do find that these types of fields (programming and the like as well) tend to attract the socially awkward and/or socially inept... so the customs, general way of looking at questions and approach to responding to them within these communities (typically with unnecessary sarcasm or an outright lack of civility), is often a reflection of that.

Anyway, thanks.

Goodbye to all

http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?t=4184

No sign of genuine interest in the hobby. Vague questions. Hypothetical projects involving timers, pressure sensors, switches. Constantly milking you for information to see what your capabilities are. Give me a break.

Alright, I seen about enough. Some of you die-hard mechatronics guys that I have followed for several years are quite talented. Some more so than others. But all of you are naive. The clowns that crash these type of sites (under the authority of Cass "Punk-Ass" Sunstein, your current unelected Science Czar) are part of your new and improved security apparatus. Do you think you need these idiots to protect you? Wait till you get the bill. Your gonna pay dearly too. They have SWAT teams that will see to it.

Have you noticed how the FED's are always taking your freedom away to keep you "safe". Meanwhile, millions are still displaced in New Orleans, HAARP & scalar weapons technology under the direction of Al Gore and friends have ruined our traditional weather patterns, the gulf coast is turning into The Gulf Tar Pits and every half-baked militia bust has dubious circumstances which the Judge usually dismisses? The point: They can't do anything helpful or meaningful. All they can do is take your money Slave. The definition of a Slave is a "person" who works half the time for their Master and half the time to support themselves.

Well these bizarre posts are nothing more than some overpaid dim-wits, with directed energy weapons, a Junior G-Card and no oversight trying to move up in their corrupt ranks.

That said, the FED's (Homeland Stupidity et. al.) must have just graduated another group of low-grade morons. These geniuses(?) are poking around looking for al-C.I.A.-duh. I guess the vagueness of their phoney projects allows "plausible deniability" later, huh. Clever? Maybe to a five year old. This country is shot!

And, those Psych 101 classes. They are SO empowering to a "sell-out piece of trash" don't you think.

As for Mr. Snitch-Ass (aka i-kickbot):

THE JOB OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS TO PROVIDE COMMON DEFENSE AND LUBRICATE THE WHEELS OF COMMERCE BETWEEN STATES. IT IS NOT THE FEDEARL GOVERNMENTS JOB TO MANUFACTURE THREATS, USURP STATE RIGHTS, CREATE DISASTERS & THEN COME IN AFTER-THE-FACT WITH EMPTY WORDS OF SALVATION AND ALL SORTS OF STRINGS ATTACHED TO FINANCIAL AID.

Hey Einstein! Try looking for "white al-qaeda" at:

- Langley, VA
    - Under the Denver Airport
    - Your local Threat Fusion Center
    - Iron Mountain
    - etc.

Read the body of work by Fletcher Prouty Dumb-Ass. You won't be so pompous and feel so good about your misguided efforts Slick. Stick with what you know Slick. Go to your local pool hall and "sting" some hard core gamblers, Slick.

Get a real job TRASH. Stop being "the problem" TRASH. Educate yourself TRASH. Create something useful TRASH. Be an Entrepreneur TRASH. Stop drinking your Master's Kool-Aid TRASH. Find out what your Masters "end game" is TRASH. If you keep working for the enemy TRASH, you're not going to make it TRASH. Find out what your Master's master did with our thirty trillion dollars TRASH. It is a "lose-lose" game for you TRASH. When the Republic is restored TRASH, you're gonna be punished for treason TRASH. It is a club of a select few elites TRASH. And, you ain't in it, TRASH! Read commandment one of the Georgia Guidestones TRASH. Are you feeling lucky TRASH? Well, are ya?

Gheppetto

Sworn eternal resistance to willful ignorance, cowardice and the growing government funded TRASH that is against Freedom and Liberty.

Gheppetto Guest

Get on the right side of history TRASH.

It is time to be big boys and girls.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gheppetto View Post
    http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?t=4184

No sign of genuine interest in the hobby. Vague questions. Hypothetical projects involving timers, pressure sensors, switches. Constantly milking you for information to see what your capabilities are. Give me a break.

Alright, I seen about enough. Some of you die-hard mechatronics guys that I have followed for several years are quite talented. Some more so than others. But all of you are naive. The clowns that crash these type of sites (under the authority of Cass "Punk-Ass" Sunstein, your current unelected Science Czar) are part of your new and improved security apparatus. Do you think you need these idiots to protect you? Wait till you get the bill. Your gonna pay dearly too. They have SWAT teams that will see to it.

Have you noticed how the FED's are always taking your freedom away to keep you "safe". Meanwhile, millions are still displaced in New Orleans, HAARP & scalar weapons technology under the direction of Al Gore and friends have ruined our traditional weather patterns, the gulf coast is turning into The Gulf Tar Pits and every half-baked militia bust has dubious circumstances which the Judge usually dismisses? The point: They can't do anything helpful or meaningful. All they can do is take your money Slave. The definition of a Slave is a "person" who works half the time for their Master and half the time to support themselves.

Well these bizarre posts are nothing more than some overpaid dim-wits, with directed energy weapons, a Junior G-Card and no oversight trying to move up in their corrupt ranks.

That said, the FED's (Homeland Stupidity et. al.) must have just graduated another group of low-grade morons. These geniuses(?) are poking around looking for al-C.I.A.-duh. I guess the vagueness of their phoney projects allows "plausible deniability" later, huh. Clever? Maybe to a five year old. This country is shot!

And, those Psych 101 classes. They are SO empowering to a "sell-out piece of trash" don't you think.

As for Mr. Snitch-Ass (aka i-kickbot):

THE JOB OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS TO PROVIDE COMMON DEFENSE AND LUBRICATE THE WHEELS OF COMMERCE BETWEEN STATES. IT IS NOT THE FEDEARL GOVERNMENTS JOB TO MANUFACTURE THREATS, USURP STATE RIGHTS, CREATE DISASTERS & THEN COME IN AFTER-THE-FACT WITH EMPTY WORDS OF SALVATION AND ALL SORTS OF STRINGS ATTACHED TO FINANCIAL AID.

Hey Einstein! Try looking for "white al-qaeda" at:

- Langley, VA
    - Under the Denver Airport
    - Your local Threat Fusion Center
    - Iron Mountain
    - etc.

Read the body of work by Fletcher Prouty Dumb-Ass. You won't be so pompous and feel so good about your misguided efforts Slick. Stick with what you know Slick. Go to your local pool hall and "sting" some hard core gamblers, Slick.

Get a real job TRASH. Stop being "the problem" TRASH. Educate yourself TRASH. Create something useful TRASH. Be an Entrepreneur TRASH. Stop drinking your Master's Kool-Aid TRASH. Find out what your Masters "end game" is TRASH. If you keep working for the enemy TRASH, you're not going to make it TRASH. Find out what your Master's master did with our thirty trillion dollars TRASH. It is a "lose-lose" game for you TRASH. When the Republic is restored TRASH, you're gonna be punished for treason TRASH. It is a club of a select few elites TRASH. And, you ain't in it, TRASH! Read commandment one of the Georgia Guidestones TRASH. Are you feeling lucky TRASH? Well, are ya?

Gheppetto

Sworn eternal resistance to willful ignorance, cowardice and the growing government funded TRASH that is against Freedom and Liberty.

Greatest post ever.
    Last edited by Tyberius; 08-13-2013 at 01:27 AM.
    Andrew Alter
    Trossen Robotics
    Join the Robotic Combat Revolution @ Mech Warfare!

Images

Can we make this thread a sticky please?

Images

Re: How not to post.

Wish granted.
    Andrew Alter
    Trossen Robotics
    Join the Robotic Combat Revolution @ Mech Warfare!

Thread Information