Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Draco 08 - Quad Mech

Images

Re: Quad Mech

I had a question again about airsoft tank guns.

Well more of a comparison question. Which of these 2 would be the better buy for my mech?

http://matomart.com/prodview.php?p=767 I was just looking over my post and noticed neither of these links bring you to the products, my bad.
    or
    http://www.toyeast.com/v3/pdtdetail....t_id=A02106813

I do want to get two guns and modify them for quicker shooting in the end. So, does the first one come with two guns, and need barrels constructed for them? And the second one is a barrel + gun mechanism combo, but only 1 per package?

Thanks for anyones help. Just trying to figure out what to buy before I throw money at it, and it doesn't work for what I need.
    Last edited by elaughlin; 08-24-2010 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Wrong Info

Images

My parts arrived!!! It only took one week, from the date the DXF file was sent to bigbluesaw.com on Tuesday night to the time it arrived on Tuesday afternoon by UPS. Simon Arthur, the guy at bigbluesaw that I was in contact with, was amazing at telling me everything for the whole process and about the materials. It has been a really great experience not even including how amazing the parts turned out. Everything has come out perfectly and fits like a glove so far. I started putting my Mech together and it is so awesome to have my idea that I could see on paper and in 3-D models on screen. But now it is really in 3-D in real life. Looks so much better. I have included a few pictures of all the pieces lined up after the masking tape was removed and a couple of assembly shots so far. Unfortunately I need to order even more screws in order to put the whole thing together. So that's why you either see only 2 screws put in when there are 6 holes that I designed for. Or else I just hold up a part sometimes for the position it should be in. But it is coming a long, I hope to get more done and take some more shots tonight of it.
    Attachment 2071 Attachment 2072 Attachment 2073

Attachment 2074 Attachment 2075 Attachment 2076

Images

Dude. This is a seriously awesome mech.

Really cool to see you start off here at the TRC just asking questions and come this far in this short amount of time.

Can't wait to see this bot in action! You better be at Mech Warfare 2010!

Images

Sweet work.

Its nice to see something on paper come to life like that.

DB

Images

This is impressive. Just great.

Cool Project

Images

Hey your project looks great. I have a suggestion for you. I noticed you were using the screws that come with the bioloid and I think you may want to check out this post in ferg's blog. If you haven't already ordered the rest of the screws that you need you should consider getting some of the ones he links to in that blog. Speaking from personal experience they make it way easier to put bioloid stuff together.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sthmck View Post
    Hey your project looks great. I have a suggestion for you. I noticed you were using the screws that come with the bioloid and I think you may want to check out this post in ferg's blog. If you haven't already ordered the rest of the screws that you need you should consider getting some of the ones he links to in that blog. Speaking from personal experience they make it way easier to put bioloid stuff together.
    Also, socket heads look a lot better than pan head phillips :P

Images

Yeah, I do know this. I had already purchased a bunch. You might be able to see in the one picture I used one of the socket heads on a wall plate. So I have them, and am going to use them on the parts that show. I do need a metric hex key though, I have some small american standard size ones, but it just doesn't fit right, so I have to push really hard to get it in. I also got some black oxide ones that I am going to switch out the stainless ones on the leg pieces.

Tyberius, can I ask where you got the black hex standoffs from. The male-female and female-female ones. I need to order a bunch of those. And what size are they, or how do you write the sizing so I can search for them?

Images

I haven't done anything else for the mech yet. But here were some more pics I forgot to post of it assembled almost all the way.

Attachment 2079 Attachment 2080 Attachment 2081

Attachment 2082 Attachment 2083

Thread Information