Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Meet Hi No Hikari

Images

Re: Meet Hi No Hikari

Oy. Lots of stuff happens when I finally look away.

You uncomment the arbotix2 settings in the boards.txt file by removing the '#' sign from the start of each arbotix2.* line. Restarting the IDE after updating the boards.txt file should then make the Arbotix2 show up in the boards list. There are some differences in settings and definitions between the Arbotix/Arbotix-M with RX-bridge and the Arbotix2, so probably best not to try using anything else.

How far is the pose from what she should be doing? Is it horrible contortions or is it just not-quite-right?

Just realized how messed up my flashing LED code usage was since it was called every run of loop() instead of only when the mode changed. I suspect my rearrangement of the sensor printing is interfering a bit with the commander's serial port. I finally forked the arbotix repo, and reorganized it a bit to make installing on Arduino-1.5 easier (just copy-merge the hardware folder into your sketchbook's hardware folder then uncomment the arbotix2 options in boards.txt). Added another updated version of 'hikarikey' to the repo since it is easier/cleaner than the code tags and I will probably be messing things up worse before any of it gets better (also a couple small changes to ax12 and bioloidcontroller libraries).
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    "You have failed me, Brain!"
    bleh

Images

Tician,

Progress! Thank you !

Ok,

So I merged the hardware folders and switched to using the arbotix2 board in the tools section of arduino. I also copied and pasted the hikarikey code you posted in post #221 and ran into a few problems. one I fixed by copying #define GetTemperature (id) over from the earlier code you posted earlier in this thread.

The second problem was "commsTypeScan was not declared in this scope." That I don't know how to fix.

The twitch/contortion is something that I have seen before. It comes from not telling the arbotix2 that it has both AX and RX servos...(not sure if I am wording that correctly.)

So I did an experiment...I ran the code you posted earlier today or yesterday and now instead of twitching and freezing with the LEDs going like crazy, she jittered and moved really slowly, no twitch.

The new code posted in post #221 I got to compile by commenting out commsTypeScan. The twitch came back, but then after the twitch everything seems to work.

Thank you so much...

DB

Images

I had moved the GetTemperature() macro to ax12.h, and renamed/moved the AXRXScan() to commsTypeScan() in ax12.h/cpp (to determine which are TTL or RS-485 servos as part of the library instead of requiring the user do it in the sketch). If it is not finding commsTypeScan() in scope, then the ax12.h/cpp files may not have been updated when you merged the hardware folder. If you do not have AXRXScan() in the hikarikey.ino, then you should have 'Arduino-sketchbook-folder/hardware/arbotix/avr/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.h' with line#135 as "void commsTypeScan(); // checks which servos are TTL or RS-485 bus" and ax12.cpp with the renamed AXRXScan() starting at line #39.
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    bleh

Images

Just realized that the more likely cause is that you did not remove the 'Arduino-sketchbook-folder/libraries/Bioloid', etc. versions of the libraries, and those 'sketchbook' level versions are overriding the 'platform' level versions that were updated in my fork. My fault for not remembering that is frequent installation location of the arbotix libraries.
    Last edited by tician; 06-29-2014 at 10:13 PM.
    bleh

Images

That was the problem.

Everything is working now...Thank you for the help!

DB

Images

Images

hahaha Awesome DB!

Images

This morning in the shower I had a dream about Hikari and IK. I haven't been able to figure out some aspects of IK forever, which may sound silly, but I think I am starting to get some insights that may lend to a breakthrough of sorts. So...I am going to start with the following concepts and see if perhaps I have something...

So...To start with, I am going to set two variables. StrideLength() and BodyHight() The idea will be to have BodyHight be a constant set at the beginning, and everything else is based off of that. StrideLength is based on the Forward/Backwards position of the joystick.

So...A stride counter would count from 0 to 9. 0 = one foot is all the way forward, the other all the way back 4 would be the other end of the stride, and 5 and 9 would be the opposites...The count would start at 2 so that the feet start centered...

Each count would move the foot along the stride path determined by the stride length...

The body height would be how long the leg has to be in order for Hikari to maintain her bodyheight throughout the stride...

Now to make it happen...

Thread Information