Thread: AX-12 Electrial Efficiency testing

Images

AX-12 Electrial Efficiency testing

Greetings all,

What I am wondering is if anyone has data on the AX-12 servo's in regards to their current draw at various loads? I can provide it if not, but not very quickly.

The reason I am looking for this data is that I am attempting to create/work out a bi-ped efficiency 'concept'. Basically some math that would help someone design a bi-ped. By design I am envisioning joint angles, length between joints and walking gait.

My starting point is that the bot's efficiency will be based on the least amount of energy used to sustain motion. The motion would be either stationary, walking or running. I'm not considering running so much at the moment as most bot's don't run. I think if designed correctly a bot should be able to stand for a long period of time, but may not be able to walk for very long. The opposite might be true, a bot that can walk efficiently might not be able to stand very efficiently in terms of its energy use.

I welcome any comments or suggestions as well :*)

Scott

Images

Re: AX-12 Electrial Efficiency testing

Thought I would post an update as I have made a huge step forward today, for me at least :*)

I have communicated with a single AX-12+ with an arduino! (My arduion even :*)

Saddly I'm not exaclty sure how it did it, as I used some fellow's ax12 library.
    http://www.pablogindel.com/2010/01/b...no-para-ax-12/ (Thanks Pablo!)

I haven't figured out how to see what his library is doing "under the hood" so I'm still very much in the dark about communicating between the AX-12 and arduino, but at least I know my setup is capable of working :*)

Once I get some code to talk to the AX-12's down I will start working on a set up to test them as discussed in my first post here.

Cheers,
    Scott

Images

Re: AX-12 Electrial Efficiency testing

servo test, measuring current to hold a bottle of water (mostly full), I have a number of additional photo's I uploaded more images to the gallery, you can check them out but they are all very similar. I plan to try and hook up a scope instead of a volt meter to see if I can measure the current draw over the full motion and determine how it changes as the servo moves.

Also at this point I haven't adjusted the max torque setting, so I could consider adding more weight, but I figured this would be a good start.

Cheers,
    Scott

Thread Information