Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: ArbotiX ROS Stack 0.4.0

1. Re: ArbotiX ROS Stack 0.4.0

Hi fergs,

I would like to consult that, if I just want to move gripper, should I send a goal to the gripper controller? The goal is float64, of course. If I can, the server definition in gripper_controller.py is "self.server = actionlib.SimpleActionServer("~gripper_action",Gri pperCommandAction,execute_cb=self.actionCb,auto_st art=false)", and I don't know why you add "~". This bother me so much when coding the client(I cannot define the client by ac("~gripper_action",true)), which would bring nodehandle problem. And if I delete the "~" in gripper_controller.py, when running the client it just waiting. Please give me suggestions, thanks so much!

-Yantian
    Last edited by zhayantian; 04-27-2014 at 08:23 PM.

2. Re: ArbotiX ROS Stack 0.4.0

Hi fergs,

I would like to consult that, if I just want to move gripper, should I send a goal to the gripper controller? The goal is float64, of course. If I can, the server definition in gripper_controller.py is "self.server = actionlib.SimpleActionServer("~gripper_action",Gri pperCommandAction,execute_cb=self.actionCb,auto_st art=false)", and I don't know why you add "~". This bother me so much when coding the client(I cannot define the client by ac("~gripper_action",true)), which would bring nodehandle problem. And if I delete the "~" in gripper_controller.py, when running the client it just waiting. Please give me suggestions, thanks so much!

-Yantian

Images

Re: ArbotiX ROS Stack 0.4.0

The ~ puts the topic in the local namespace of the node. Thus, if the gripper controller runs with the name "gripper_controller" the full action name becomes "gripper_controller/gripper_action" -- and that is the name your client should use.

-Fergs

Thread Information