i'm working in a project to build a robot (still in the planning phase) and i would need help choosing a good "brain" for my future robot.
This is the hardware i plan to use:
- 25x servos
- 1x 720p HD webcam (the one they're selling in here)
- A bunch of sensors :P (GPS, gyro, accelerometer, temperature, humidity, microphone, sonar, speaker, etc, etc... i'll put a lot of useless sensors lol)
- lcd screen or similar (around the size of a psp screen)
Software features that i want to put in it:
- Voice recognition
- Facial recognition
- Autonomous navigation
- Image processing (otherwise can't recognize my face right? ^^)
(also motion detection but that is included on the above i think)
- Some voice speaking
- and some other stuff
The thing is, i want my robot to have the power he needs to do the things above without having to be connected to an external computer.
On the other hand carrying a laptop on him is not possible. :/
I saw the current microcontrollers available and found a few that can handle all those servos and sensors (like Axon II) but don't think they have enough power to run the applications. On the other hand i saw some mini computer boards (like those from ITX) but well, don't know which to choose and the most important, how to connect the servos and sensors.
So my questions are:
- To be able to have all the above features, should have get a small computer board?
- If so, is the RB-110 powerful enough or i need to get something like +1Ghz, +2Gb ram?
- Using that type of brain how can i connect the servos and sensors?