Thread: Example yaml file for arbotix_python io sensors?

Example yaml file for arbotix_python io sensors?

Hi Fergs,

I would like to attach some analog and digital sensors to my ArbotiX and read them using arbotix_python under ROS. However, on your ROS Wiki page for io, the sample yaml file is missing at the bottom of the page. Would you give us a short example of how to define a digital and analog sensor in the yaml file?

Thanks!
    patrick
    The Pi Robot Project
    http://www.pirobot.org

Images

Re: Example yaml file for arbotix_python io sensors?

See http://code.google.com/p/vanadium-ro.../mini_max.yaml

This defines two digital inputs (value:1 turns on the pull up resistor, the switch connects IO to ground).

-Fergs

So to get the reading from an analog voltage sensor on analog pin 6, I used:

analog_sensors: {
    voltage: {pin: 6, rate: 1}
    }

Is that correct? I see a value on /arbotix/voltage so I think I guessed right.

--patrick
    The Pi Robot Project

Images

Yep, that's it, and it will stream at 1hz (approximately, can vary by about 10-15% depending on the load on the serial port)

-Fergs

5. Re: Example yaml file for arbotix_python io sensors?

Hi,

I saw that you are talking about yaml files and i would like to ask you if you have already create a yaml file for a robot with any joint with two servos.

I have a pantomX reactor that i am using on a ROS environment with the arbotix_python package and i need this file to define my robot.

I had a look on the ones that you mean here but i did not find anyone with these features. It would be really usefull for me any advice! Thanks in advance!

Greetings,
    Raul.

This is the yaml file I use with a 6-joint Dynamixel arm + 1-joint gripper and a 2-joint pan-and-tilt head:

Code:
    port: /dev/ttyUSB0
    baud: 115200
    rate: 20
    sync_write: True
    sync_read: True
    read_rate: 20
    write_rate: 20

joints: {
        head_pan_joint: {id: 1, neutral: 512, max_speed: 100, min_angle: -145, max_angle: 145, invert: False},
        head_tilt_joint: {id: 2, neutral: 512, max_speed: 100, min_angle: -90, max_angle: 90, invert: False},
        right_arm_shoulder_pan_joint: {id: 3, neutral: 512, max_speed: 100, min_angle: -145, max_angle: 145, invert: False},
        right_arm_shoulder_lift_joint: {id: 4, neutral: 512, max_speed: 100, invert: True},
        right_arm_shoulder_roll_joint: {id: 5, neutral: 512, max_speed: 100, invert: True},
        right_arm_elbow_flex_joint: {id: 6, neutral: 512, max_speed: 100, min_angle: -90, max_angle: 90, invert: True},
        right_arm_forearm_flex_joint: {id: 7, neutral: 512, max_speed: 100, min_angle: -110, max_angle: 110, invert: True},
        right_arm_wrist_flex_joint: {id: 8, neutral: 512, max_speed: 100, min_angle: -90, max_angle: 90, invert: True},
        right_gripper_finger_joint: {id: 9, neutral: 512, max_speed: 100, min_angle: -20, max_angle: 25, invert: False}
    }

controllers: {
       base_controller: {type: diff_controller, base_frame_id: base_footprint, base_width: 0.26, ticks_meter: 4100, Kp: 12, Kd: 12, Ki: 0, Ko: 50, accel_limit: 1.0 },
       right_arm_controller: {onboard: False, action_name: right_arm_controller/follow_joint_trajectory, type: follow_controller, joints: [right_arm_shoulder_pan_joint, right_arm_shoulder_lift_joint, right_arm_shoulder_roll_joint, right_arm_elbow_flex_joint, right_arm_forearm_flex_joint, right_arm_wrist_flex_joint] },
    }
    The Pi Robot Project

7. Re: Example yaml file for arbotix_python io sensors?

Thank you very much for your answer!

Maybe i did not explain good when i said that i have two servos in the same joint.
    I wanted to mean that the two servos are in parallel being dependent to each other. There is two servos instead of one in order to be stronger, not to be able to have more degree of freedom. It is like you have two servos on the joint "right_arm_shoulder_pan_joint".

Greetings,
    Raul.

Ah, I see what you mean. Unfortunately I have never used a two-servo joint so I'm not sure how to handle that using arbotix_python. Sorry!

--patrick
    The Pi Robot Project

Thread Information