Trossen Force Sensor  Top Banner
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 MWScore System Ordering Info

Images

2012 MWScore System Ordering Info

Update! Scoring systems can be found here: http://www.trossenrobotics.com/Quadr...obot-Kits.aspx

So here's the deal people. We tried a new transponder board in 2011, and we tried to make it as small and cheap as possible. This meant that we chose to rely upon the internal oscillator- which we found through testing was not a reliable component. With temperature fluctuation, the crystal was changing frequency and causing the boards to not work consistently. On top of that, some people didn't like how thick these boards were as we had headers on one side and an Xbee on the other. Needless to say, we're unable to use this board in future years of Mech Warfare.

The next part of this will likely be met with groans from the community, but I am discontinuing the use of the MINI robocontroller based scoring boards. I was on the fence regarding this for awhile but I think having a standardized, custom built board that works well is the best choice in the long run. We have a couple revisions of the MINIs floating around and as of last year we also had the 2011 miniature transponders, and I'd feel much more comfortable about having everyone on the exact same hardware.

So, without further ado!

Transponder Info:
    The 2012+ transponder board is called the MWScore Transponder. Information on the new scoring board and software will be found here: http://www.upgraydlabs.com/projects/mwscore/ (please note, this page is still under construction).

FSR Target Panel Build Tutorial found here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Img3836.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	3952

It was designed by Upgrayd, a Mech Warfare veteran and 1st place competitor. This board and accompanying software is 100% open source and will be available for download in the near future. Please note that this information is for reference, if you are competing at an official Mech Warfare event you will be required to purchase one from us, as we want to make sure things are fully tested and assembled correctly. You're more than welcome to make your own for practice and your own events however. In addition to providing the same functionality as previous revisions of the transponder, this board also includes a required 4-ultrabright LED sub-board. This will be mounted on top of each mech during competition, and will flash 3 times rapidly when a hit is registered. This is to provide a visual feedback onboard the mechs in the event that our scoring system fails, and also so that competitors/spectators can tell when a score is made.
    • 35.5x35.5mm size (LED board will be the same size)
    • Onboard Vreg with 7-12v input.
    • Atmega168 w/ 16mhz crystal.
    • 6 I/O: 4 target panels, 1 LED board output, 1 hit data output (same as previous years)
    • 38400 baud rate Xbee connection to scoring server
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012Transponder-1.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	3727

FSR Target Panels:

These remain unchanged from last year and will be shipped as a kit. They consist of 4 FSR's mounted on an ABS back plate, with a thin lexan covering on the front face. The panels have a small PCB on the back, with a 12" 3-pin servo-like plug, and 4 mounting holes (or you can use servo tape or velcro on the lexan panel). Dimension drawings available soon.

We are still offering half-size target panels. You get 2 half-size panels for the same price as one full-size target panel. All mechs are now allowed to use 2 half-size panels for the front panel instead of a single full panel.

Quad/Hexapod/Wheeled mechs will require 4 total FSR target panels (4 full-size OR 3 full-size & 2 half-size for the front).

Bipeds will require 3 total FSR target panels (2 full-size or front/rear & 2 half-size for the side panels OR 1 full-size for rear and 4 half-size for front/sides).

The target panel PCB has been updated:
    * Increased board size, so that wires are not as stressed.
    * Added ability to snap board into 2, as well as 2 extra headers for making chained panels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	protomwtransponder.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	3725  
    Last edited by Tyberius; 04-23-2013 at 10:51 PM.
    Andrew Alter
    Trossen Robotics
    Join the Robotic Combat Revolution @ Mech Warfare!

Images

Re: 2012 Mech Warfare Scoring System

Do not wait to get your orders in on these guys, I need them in ASAP. I'm closing purchasing of these in 2 weeks. If you don't have an order in, you'll be left to fight over the very few units I'll have made as spares.
    Andrew Alter
    Trossen Robotics

Oh crud. Orders still open?

4. Trossen Accelerometer Gyro Thread Banner

Is it too late to order the new boards. I just noticed this info about the new boards. Our club was planning on using our board from last year but I see we must buy new ones. I hope it's not too late. We have rebuilt our mech from RA to RA 2.0.

Images

I ordered last Friday... am I in the clear?

parallax.panic(on);
    Last edited by parallax; 02-14-2012 at 07:43 AM. Reason: add content
    -parallax

Images

Get your orders in ASAP if you want one. If you got them in before the 14th you're fine. I'm ordering parts to populate the boards based on orders TOMORROW.
    Andrew Alter
    Trossen Robotics

Did you get my order? Not sure I did it right.

Did you get my order as well. I'm also not sure I did it right.

Images

I have no good way of referencing forum usernames to email addresses without manually looking them up. If you want confirmation your order was received, please forward the original email that you sent me for confirmation to mech.warfare.donation@gmail.com. I'll go through tonight and respond to everyone who's sent payment in with confirmation.

FINAL WARNING. If your orders are not in before midnight tonight you will be stuck with trying to fight for one of the very few spare transponders I'm having made.
    Andrew Alter
    Trossen Robotics

I sent an email about my transponder order on the 13th but have not received a confirmation on my email. Does that mean my order is not valid?

Thread Information