Trossen Force Sensor  Top Banner

Thread: Robotics for a newbie without programming experience?

1. Robotics for a newbie without programming experience?

Hey everyone,

I'm very new to the robotics scene but have always been interested. I love building things with my hands so crafting a robot from scratch or a kit would be a lot of fun for me! Only issue that I have is from the research I have done, everything requires programming knowledge and experience, which I don't have, nor do I really have the time to learn it. Does anyone know of some software/ hardware that would allow me to still create a functioning robot?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Robotics for a newbie without programming experience?

You could always do a remote control approach with hobby remote control. If budget is an issue, look into flysky ct6b tx/rx.

Another option is a pure-electronics approach but that's pretty severely limiting: like, you could build a line follower or a BEAM style solar robot (photopopper, etc).

Another option: find someone nearby who likes programming but doesn't want to hassle with building the chassis and dealing with hardware.

3. Re: Robotics for a newbie without programming experience?

Interesting options thanks shimniok! The line follower really doesn't sound like a lot of fun though I would ideally like something a little bit more interactive. I'll do some more poking around and see what I find that might work for me!

4. Trossen Force Sensor  Thread Banner
    Images

Re: Robotics for a newbie without programming experience?

I think the issue is that you say you don't have a lot of time, and you haven't specified a budget. Its kind of like if I went on a forum for xbox games and said I was interested in mass effect 3 but I don't have an xbox or a TV...

6. Re: Robotics for a newbie without programming experience?

I would like to keep this project under $600 or so. I have time to spend on it but I suppose I just don't have a passion for programming so that wouldn't be my focus. I would much rather spend my time crafting something with my hands.

Over the weekend I was able to poke around online for a while and saw this site.. www.ez-robot.com Im no expert on robotics so can I get some opinions? This seems like it could be my solution as it has software that will allow me to build a robot without knowing how to program.

Thread Information