Trossen Distance Sensor  Top Banner

Thread: ToBo (Home-made Toy Robot.. Mini Enthiran... DIY... )

1. Smile ToBo (Home-made Toy Robot.. Mini Enthiran... DIY... )

Hi,

Just check the link of a talking robot protoype I made at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H7cFW_610o

Comments and Suggestions are most welcome... :-)
    Bye :-) :-)

2. Re: ToBo (Home-made Toy Robot.. Mini Enthiran... DIY... )

Sweet little guy you made, well done, i like its multilingual conversational skills!

3. Re: ToBo (Home-made Toy Robot.. Mini Enthiran... DIY... )

Thank you Suicidal Banana...

Your banana bot is gr8... I would like to see it working.. Can you send a video link of your Banana Bot..

4. Trossen Desktop RoboTurret Thread Banner
  5. Re: ToBo (Home-made Toy Robot.. Mini Enthiran... DIY... )

Your welcome i always love seeing 'from scratch' robots, and yea, i really like how you gave it speech in multiple languages, really nice

And sadly, i never really completed that robot of mine (the idea was fun, but in practise way to much of a long shot, it was my first custom robot, and i failed to see a mountain of problems in advance. hehe)
    Theres a really short video here (nope, a gang didnt invade my bedroom ^_^) from when i just started it. as you can see in the vid, it does work, but i soon realized (with help from this great community) that it was just way to heavy to ever be able to walk, to not even start about overloading the shoulder servo's as soon as it would hold something.

Since then, ive prototyped a bunch of ideas, but none really worth mentioning, i do still have the 'blueprint' of that arm in my head, and i guess i will re-use it eventually, once ive actually build some simpler (but custom) robots, and i got funds for the better dynamixels (rx series i think) so it would actually be able to support its own weight.

Due to a load of personal matters (passing away of parent, moving, moving again, changing job, moving, etc) i really havent done anything with my bioloid kit atm, wich is a shame, i havent touched em in 1+ year now methinks.

I kinda need a bigger place, were i have some room to work on it without it taking all space on my only desk.
    Ah well, growing up is a bitch.

Anyway long story short i cant really show u more of sayd robot, theres some pics in my gallery if you havent seen those yet (but im guessing thats where your question comes from) but thats it.

If you were interested in the kit i used, its called a 'bioloid' kit, comes in a number of priceranges, mine is actually on the high end of the scale, its a comprehensive kit, with a extra 10 or so servos and some more brackets, i try not to think about what it cost me, seeing how its not beeing used atm.
    Last edited by Suicidal.Banana; 06-19-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Thread Information