Trossen XBee  Top Banner

Thread: Tekbotic 1

1. Tekbotic 1

Hi,

Introducing Tekbotic 1 - an intelligent forklift designed to fetch pallets in a warehouse. well, i ll be brief .. Please watch self explanatory Video. If you r interested, let me know i ll send you The Making of Tekbotic 1 Video link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11NHGEm5ACg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tek1.png 
Views:	312 
Size:	546.4 KB 
ID:	3799

Name:	tek2.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	3800

Name:	tek3.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	3801

Name:	tek5.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	3802

Name:	tek6.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	3803

Name:	tek7.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	3804

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11NHGEm5ACg

Some of the features are:
    About 95% of the structure, motors and sensors were obtained from Scrap. Structures has to be machined to suit specific purposes.
    The AGV can self-troubleshoot.
    Use of Voice synthesiser to increase safety in Warehouse.
    Use Computer Vision to increase safety and precision. It can self align its forks to the pallet.
    Sonar sensor to detect obstacles.
    Load Cell to measure weight of Pallet.
    All the interfaces, stepper motor drivers and PSU were tailor made.
    Human Machine Interface used to control the AGV.
    Can operate in Autonomous. Semi automatic or Manual modes.
    HMI provides troubleshooting information.
    The AGV can be controlled by Smart-phones, Ipads, laptops, etc any device with a Wifi interface.
    Reverse Engineering techniques were used.
    PID control was used for Line Following.
    Last edited by Tek; 03-22-2012 at 02:14 PM.

2. Re: Tekbotic 1

comments are welcome guys .. joint in ...suggest and share ideas of what can be made out of scrap ... >>GO GREEN >>
    Last edited by Tek; 03-16-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Re: Tekbotic 1

It's a great premise but a viable warehouse implementation would need to be a really sophisticated set up, or the environment would need to be strictly controlled. Hopefully either you've had hands-on warehouse forklift experience or are in consultation with someone who has, because there's frequently situations in most warehouses where stock isn't situated perfectly in it's designated area, skids are broken or sized incorrectly and/or there's very tight clearances in placing/retrieving the stock. Still, every endeavor has to start somewhere so I hope this goes well and I'll be following your project.

4. Trossen Force Sensor  Thread Banner
  5. Re: Tekbotic 1

Hi there, thanks for your comment.

In fact, as u said, we must start somewhere.. Computer vision would be the solution of all these.. the more information u can extract from your environment the safer ur actions will be!.. nowdays what Artificial intelligence allows u to do is Amazing!!..

Mauritius is small country.. the investment for this project is significantly BIG.. and to be frank, no one in Mauritius will take the risk to invest and most of the business man prefer foreign Engineers!!..

However, i am keep amending the AI programing.. making it "able" to face unforeseen situations.. What would be great is to experience it in a real size warehouse. well its all a question a funding.. We got the technology here in Mauritius but we do not have the trust of Mauritian Government and Private Firms.

Thread Information